PDA

View Full Version : Mileage stopped, & started working again!?

NovaloadedAgain
21-02-05, 10:00 PM
My 8v digi dash mileage stopped working last night, Speedo still worked etc, But I reset the tripometer & The mileage started working as usual? tickin away like usual :D

Lose connection probably? Anyone else have this prob?

Nick
21-02-05, 10:05 PM
that's hardly a bad thing lol...

it's electronically controlled on the didgidash, and from the days when i was trying to clock my dash back to the cars actual mileage (all legit) the mileage mechanism is rather complex and quite fiddly.. it orobably just got jammed.

Sure u were looking at the trip mileage ?lol

NovaloadedAgain
21-02-05, 10:08 PM
Lol no mate, But I though I ought to be careful not to just undo the dash n lose bolts etc, Sorry Nick not directed at you losing em down the gearbox, Lol. Sorry-Couldnt resist that! :lol:

dunova
21-02-05, 10:24 PM
Mine counts to 127miles and then stops :lol:

Due to my 'very low' mileage i might try to get show car insurance-limited mileage lol

NovaloadedAgain
22-02-05, 09:03 AM
Nice, Like the idea of limited mileage classic insurance. Lol :D

Aragorn
22-02-05, 10:37 AM
take the dash out and remove the mileage unit from the back of the clocks

there is a silver pin that holds the number gears inplace - one end of this pin will have come out of its hole in the casing

carefully replace the pin and then reassemble the dash and i'll work fine

mine done this a few times

Snowface
22-02-05, 12:05 PM
do digi dash have number gears in aswell?

Aragorn
22-02-05, 04:35 PM
yes - mileometer is mechanical but controlled by a stepper motor which is run off the electronic part of the dash

Nick
22-02-05, 07:10 PM
ooooh stepper motors...

brings me back to the days of Microprocessor stepper motor systems ! nasty

Jim
22-02-05, 10:37 PM
This happened with my SR clocks one journey. All i could hear was a ticking noise as the digits tried to work their way round, so i pressed the reset button and it went back to normal.

Jim

raza
22-02-05, 10:50 PM
yea car i just bought the milage thing isnt working .

Aragorn
22-02-05, 11:37 PM
yer hitting the reset realigns all the gears - when the pin is out at one side the get unaligned as it counts and they eventually start interfering and jam

take it apart and fix the pin - it will only get worse

raza
22-02-05, 11:39 PM
cant get no worse on mine as it aint working at all :o