PDA

View Full Version : tem p gauge reading

Donova
21-02-05, 08:58 PM
what,s the normal reading on the temp gauge on 1.2 carb nova? mine never goes above two segments after the blue. the heater works fine and i don,t need the choke after a couple of miles even in this weather but other cars i,ve had used to read more, anyone know? :?

dan-hipgrave
21-02-05, 10:08 PM
my old nova used to go upto the quarter line, sometimes halfway in the summer heat. My new nova hasnt really been out of the blue yet, but ive put that down to the temperatures lately..

Nick
21-02-05, 10:11 PM
yep, frequently mine doesn't even get onto the blue (digidash) due to the extreme coldness up'north and the k&N filter icing everything up.

M_U_T_A_N_T21
21-02-05, 10:55 PM
does it go up to half way while not moving mine did the same an when i started driving again it would go cold i cured it buy covering the rad with a small sheet of plastic so the cold air couldnt get to it believe it or not, it was like a pernament cooling fan due to mess grille an bumper

Aragorn
22-02-05, 10:47 AM
the car should reach just over 1/4 (or 2 yellow bars on digidash) when fully warmed up

if it sits lower than this after 10mins u have a faulty thermostat (or its about -20 and youve got the heater on full tilt and are driving along at 45 in 5th)

by 20mins of driving it should be upto just over 1/4 at least on analog clocks and upto blue + 2 yellow on digidash

BongMong
22-02-05, 08:07 PM
my GTE stays in the blue..

gets to a quarter when im not moving..

-Bruce-
22-02-05, 09:12 PM
If your engine is not gettin up the norm temp then there is something wrong, not just cause its cold outside. As aragorn says the thermostat is not working corectly.

My seirras thermostat is not working and its overfueling like hell and under performing aswell. As the water temp is far to low and the ecu dumps fuel in as it stay in cold start mode!!

Bruce

BongMong
22-02-05, 09:14 PM
so this is why my car over revs sometimes when hot?

newboytothenova2
23-02-05, 06:47 PM
hi there,,i have a 1.2 carb nova,,, in this cold it only just gets out the blue,,,when siting it goes to half and fan cuts in,,

in better weather it will only go to 1 quater and the heater is still red hot

only need choke for at maximum 4miles

Dan
23-02-05, 07:03 PM
all of my nova's have ran around the blue area, the last gte at one point had 5 new stats chucked in it because i felt it should of ran higher, it never did make a difference.