PDA

View Full Version : gym

Dpnova
21-02-05, 08:40 PM
just been first tiem in a few months did some serious arm weights...OWWWWWWW I GIVE UP NOW :cry:

epo
21-02-05, 08:42 PM
lol am going to start again soon
i built my arms up quite well last summer its to cold to be lifting weights in the garage at the mo + the garage is a shit tip need to sort out parts and get them flogged :lol:

Philsutton
21-02-05, 08:49 PM
i just done some weights as well, cant be arsed to do anything else now though lol. I havent been to the gym for years, just have them at home.

Dpnova
21-02-05, 08:50 PM
i feel like arnie now

Rach
21-02-05, 09:21 PM
I'm too lazy to go to the gym... lol :lol:

My brother is going to take me to play squash soon - he's going to kill me lmfao

I'll stick to my running for now thanks

:D

Dpnova
21-02-05, 09:22 PM
all the women run from me plenty of excersie

Rach
21-02-05, 09:27 PM
all the women run from me plenty of excersie

sounds good - you'll have to come up here for a visit - something to keep me running :wink:

Dpnova
21-02-05, 09:30 PM
:roll: Im not a personal trainer

Riggy
21-02-05, 09:32 PM
lol :lol:

i should really start goin to the gym again as i have put so much weight on :lol: ive enjoyed it though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rach
21-02-05, 09:32 PM
but you could be... :wink:

Dpnova
21-02-05, 09:34 PM
TUT TUT TUT im the honey monster Wooooooo

dunova
21-02-05, 09:35 PM
I did a chest session about an hour ago, but my right arm is still giving me trouble since fitting my ba5tard gearbox :evil:

Feels great to drive again though and made me realise my car can be fookin rapid when it needs to be :twisted:

Dpnova
21-02-05, 09:37 PM
chest session :roll:

I worked hard on the arse this fine evening :P

dunova
21-02-05, 09:45 PM
Yup chest session lol. Did shoulders on friday and plan to do back on wednesday if my arm isn't causing me agony. I think i need to see a physio-expensive as fook they are, but i think i've done some real damage to it.

I love going up the gym, some people hate it. I think you only really hate it when you first start and are unfit. But once you've been going for abit you feel great.

Dpnova
21-02-05, 09:51 PM
I used to go then stopped for a bit, its hard to get back into

You sound like an old tv personality, Mr Motivator for those who dont know :roll:

http://www.mrmotivator.com/images/mrm_pic.gif

Philsutton
21-02-05, 09:55 PM
i wonder what happened to him

Dpnova
21-02-05, 09:57 PM
him and bruce forsyth (sp?) are frozen until Tv specials they are needed for its a government consiracy

dunova
21-02-05, 10:05 PM
I must admit i am abit obsessive sometimes, but know quite a lot about nutrition and workout routine's now. I dont think i'm any Mr.Motivator though, more of a Mr.Schwarzenegger :D I wish :oops:

Dpnova
21-02-05, 10:07 PM
lmao the best food makes you fat 8)

dunova
21-02-05, 10:08 PM
Good point. Marshmallows are amazing, hmmm :D

Jack
22-02-05, 01:11 PM
I suppose I ought to go use the Navy gym at Yeovilton, only ?35/year for some top facilities.... one of my friends has just started getting really into the fitness thing, keeps going to our local "leisure" centre where she spends ten minutes standing around in the tiiiny pool then the rest of the time in the sauna and jacuzzi! And that costs ?350 odd a year....

?Marty?
22-02-05, 06:05 PM
I like going to the gym and walking about in my lycra thong. I occasionally do some thrusts, star-jumps and lunges.

flowlikewater
23-02-05, 11:18 AM
if your going to the gym dont body build for size. it aint useful. i uset to train for competetions and was about 17 stone and had a 26"waist and a 42" chest. only problem was that i couldnt reach round my chest to get my seat belts on. had to get harnesses. not too upset about that tho!

if you wana get fit try playing squash and going rock climbing. obviously not at the same time!!! also running in the morning before breakfast will burn more fat than at any other time! 300times more efficient. make sure that you aint had anything to eat. literally get out of bed, get changed, run. thats it.

arnie size isnt practical. i know. its better to be a bruce lee style body than arnie.

dunova
23-02-05, 12:09 PM
Flowlikewater, you are/were really that big?? :o

I've kind of come to the point where i think i'm going to just tone right up. I'm currently 6'2", 210lbs, 11% body fat. I'd like to get that down to 8-9% really.

I know you're saying that you can be TOO big and it can make things difficult, but tbh, no-one is going to accidently get to Arnie's size lol. To be that big, you have to be very dedicated and have a perfect diet (and maybe afew steroids lol). My diet pretty much run's my life at the moment, but i'm thinking about cutting down and toning up tbh. How old are you flowlikewater?

Jack
23-02-05, 12:22 PM
arnie size isnt practical. i know.
Rent yourself out as an engine crane :lol:

epo
23-02-05, 05:29 PM
Flowlikewater, you are/were really that big?? :o

I've kind of come to the point where i think i'm going to just tone right up. I'm currently 6'2", 210lbs, 11% body fat. I'd like to get that down to 8-9% really.

I know you're saying that you can be TOO big and it can make things difficult, but tbh, no-one is going to accidently get to Arnie's size lol. To be that big, you have to be very dedicated and have a perfect diet (and maybe afew steroids lol). My diet pretty much run's my life at the moment, but i'm thinking about cutting down and toning up tbh. How old are you flowlikewater?

this time last year i was 17 stone size 38-40 waist
now am 12 stone size 34 waist

dan_mk1
23-02-05, 06:45 PM
The only excersize Denny does is the one handed stroke.

dunova
23-02-05, 06:51 PM
Good work epo :wink:

I have a lot of respect for people that have that much dedication. There's a guy that goes to my gym loads and has been for the last year or so. He must be about 17-18 stone with a huge waist, but he was bigger than that a year ago and he's up there regularly getting fitter, healthier and slimmer. Tbh i think he's a lot fitter than me, because when you've got that much weight to carry, to go for a 20-25 minute run you have to be REALLY fit.

epo
23-02-05, 07:46 PM
cheers :wink:

srs1
23-02-05, 09:58 PM
i'm into cock bashing again lately. (badminton)
and i have started going back out on the mountain bike when i do 2-11 shifts.

rach, squash is cool.
my advice, when the oppenent is serving, stand right in your corner, it is so much easier to flick the ball up from there.
also say you want to use the blue ball (fast, extra bounce. yellow drops dead)
i used to play all the time, untill i shattered my racket.

Dpnova
23-02-05, 09:59 PM
squash is good, but a bit too posh for me :roll:

srs1
23-02-05, 10:03 PM
thought you'd be well up for it.
tight box with balls going everywhere!

Dpnova
23-02-05, 10:04 PM
:P not me

srs1
23-02-05, 10:06 PM
2 men bashing at it.
thought it was in your ball park!

Dpnova
23-02-05, 10:08 PM
park my balls in men :cry:

Rach
23-02-05, 11:12 PM
rach, squash is cool.
my advice, when the oppenent is serving, stand right in your corner, it is so much easier to flick the ball up from there.
also say you want to use the blue ball (fast, extra bounce. yellow drops dead)
i used to play all the time, untill i shattered my racket.

screw that...

apparently my brother has a habit for aiming for people's faces :?

although, he's promised me he only aims for his mates faces and will be nice to me :|

Philsutton
24-02-05, 11:15 AM
squash is great, i havent played it for ages. It doest tend to hurt though when some muppet hits it full speed into your face

flowlikewater
24-02-05, 11:36 AM
i was bodybuilding since i was 15 for over 5 years. i was really lucky as every one i worked out with was so helpful. never did steroids, was tempted but discided not to. i was on 8 meals a day! example of a meal:

breakfast:

6 egg omlette (2 whole eggs four only whites)
250 grams of oatmeal (not porridge, there is a big difference)
2 pieces of fruit - that was my treat of the day.

it started off as a dream to be mr universe, but then it started to become a reality! i was just how id always wanted, but it had its drawbacks!!!! no flexibility, i still have no flexibility and i do 30 minutes of stretching every day! and if you stop working out and loose your eating routine then after a month youll be sizebly smaller. you can be almost back to your normal scrawny self in less than a year. also it aint useful, yeah in a club just walk around or get up on a podium and take your top off and hey presto youve pulled but then what can you do with it? i also didnt like the idea of not being doninated!!! i was with a girl for a year and a half but one day she tryed to dominate me and i just lifted her clean off me. was pretty crap really.

flowlikewater
24-02-05, 11:41 AM
being toned and lean is the way foreward!!! im currently a 29" waist and a 36" chest so feel really stick like, but is more practical.

p.s. squash and rock climbing are the 2 best sports for fitness imo.

p.p.s. if any one want to get huge then ill be able to get them a workout routine if they want, also an eating routine, but be warned bodybuilding is 100% diet and 100% weights.

Jack
24-02-05, 11:45 AM
apparently my brother has a habit for aiming for people's faces :?

although, he's promised me he only aims for his mates faces
snigger! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My dad n sister used to play squash all the time. I never really got into it myself, but I was already a demon at badminton so to come from that just didn't work so well

flowlikewater
24-02-05, 11:56 AM
play squash with a double yellow spot ball, its the competition ball. youll love it. better than badminton.

Jack
24-02-05, 12:01 PM
better than badminton.
Pthhhhhh :lol:

Philsutton
24-02-05, 12:04 PM
badminton is good but its still a girly verison of squash well sort of

flowlikewater
24-02-05, 12:05 PM
everyones entitled to there own opinion, but when im right i just got to say!!! hehe each and every to there own.

p.s. badmintions still not as good as squash...fact. hehe

Philsutton
24-02-05, 12:08 PM
it sure is, you cant hurt anyone in badminton unless you throw the racket at them, but you cant get away with that.

Jack
24-02-05, 12:28 PM
it sure is, you cant hurt anyone in badminton unless you throw the racket at them, but you cant get away with that.
I've hurt plenty of people in badminton.... the advantage is its indirect, you can make them hurt themselves so "it wasn't my fault, guv" lol

Alex
24-02-05, 01:31 PM
I used to paly badminton a lot. One of the best tactics is to smash it at their body.
1. If it hits them it is a point to you
2. They cannot get their racket in the same place at their body/face
3. It hurts them

epo
24-02-05, 06:27 PM
badmington makes me laugh it just tennis only you hit a budgie over the net :lol:

srs1
24-02-05, 07:28 PM
i have been hit many times in the face with a squash ball.
it doesn't hurt that much, prob a paint ball hurts more.

badminton is cool thou, people think its a slow game, but if your good, its very fast and you can really get your opponent knackered.

sh0rty
24-02-05, 10:52 PM
I started going back to th gym just before xmas. Love it when im there it's just the thought of going :)

Alex
25-02-05, 01:07 PM
badminton is a much faster game than tennis. In fact Tennis is the slowest racket game

hendrix
25-02-05, 01:14 PM
i used to go to the gym 4 times a week but when i came to uni i became a lazy ass!! im so unfit now tho :roll: gonna go bak when i can afford it

Jack
25-02-05, 02:37 PM
badminton is a much faster game than tennis.
Was just about to say that...

dandan
25-02-05, 04:04 PM
When I played rugby I used to go to the gym all the time. I'm only 5'10 so had to bulk my self up to even stand a chance. Also it helps to be pretty fit when you have to over come knee and shoulder sugery! This time last year was 32" waist 44" chest and weighed 16st. Then in march had I screwed my back up pretty good and was laid up for nearly 6 months. I'm now a shade over 18st am 38" waist and have a gret set of man boobs. Worst thing is I cant even get close to start working out again for at least another 6 months. Instead I get to sit at home, telling you my tales of woe and getting ideas off you lot.
Still it could be worse. I could be addicted to daytime telly!

epo
25-02-05, 05:25 PM
badminton is a much faster game than tennis.
Was just about to say that...

i was just taking the pish :wink: :lol: :lol:

scott.parker
26-02-05, 02:09 AM
Well aftera few small st backs,im starting my runnig again,tomo in fact,and i have spoke to the guy i use to do kick boxing with,and me and my mate are going tohis new classes,so im getting back inot that again,it's ace (till some one smack's you in the nose) :lol:

Scott