PDA

View Full Version : Price for 2.0 16v into a nova????

tc3nitro
21-02-05, 05:15 PM
i have a astra with a redtop in it and i am going to buy either a SRI or GSI to put the motor in! can anyone give me a rough price for someone to take the motor out the astra and replace the motor in the nova? i want an all in price and by the way i live nr leeds so would need someone local!
thanks

NickWalliams
21-02-05, 05:57 PM
To get the job done by a company such as courtenay your lookin at a couple of grand, maybe less as you have all the box engine etc.

I paid a mate ?300 to take 2 engines out and fit the 16v.

Depends how well you want the job doin, gte shafts or courtenay ones etc etc.

Mwperformance a vauxhall company near chester charge ?2500 to do the lot including an engine.

8)

Ste_Nova
21-02-05, 06:10 PM
do it ur self

noveoclawsk16v did you get mw to fit urs??? u didn't pay ?2500 did you??

NickWalliams
21-02-05, 06:29 PM
No a mate did everything for me. I just went there 1 day out of interest and the bloke said

"drop it off on the monday as a 1.6 and pick it up on the friday as a 2.0 16v"

Then give him ?2500! :o

If I had a garage and some decent tools Id of done it myself.

m.d.
21-02-05, 07:06 PM
just done mine myself and without the cost of the engine it probably cost no more than 100 nicker and that was including oil and a cone filter.

Riggy
21-02-05, 07:23 PM
iirc corteney charge 5000 :o

tc3nitro
21-02-05, 07:50 PM
how easy is it?
i have a little knowledge but nothing major!!!!
how long should it take?

hendrix
21-02-05, 07:59 PM
some guy i know had a courtney conversion done and it cost 5k :o then 2 weeks later he wrote it off and the insurance didnt pay out cuz it was still insured as a 1.2i. oops. And then the insurance took it or something, speedlines and white leather et al. poor guy

Snowface
22-02-05, 11:52 AM
To get the job done by a company such as courtenay your lookin at a couple of grand, maybe less as you have all the box engine etc.

lol, Properly.

from what i've heard on here conversions by Courtenay and regal are not worth doing even if they cost ?500, let alone ?5k!

SRlew
22-02-05, 01:12 PM
lol i was going to get a loan out and get a mine 16v'd by some one like 'just novas' or somthing, but i realised it costs loads.
just because i dont now any one who's intrested in cars let alone be able to fit one.

Philsutton
22-02-05, 04:52 PM
i dont about courtney an regal ect... but at just novas the 5k price is if you drive a 1.2 standard nova in the garage an pick it up a completely different car with everything uprated to go with it, i.e not just an engine swp. Plus that includes a rebuild engine and all new parts.

If you were to supply an engine an box your looking between 1k an 2k for the conversion depending on what ever else you wanted to go with it ect.

Bare in mind that mine cost over a grand to do an i did mine myself. If your doing it properly its never gonna be a couple of hundred pound jobby

Gunzi
22-02-05, 07:46 PM
Theres a garage in Portsmouth that supplies and fits conversion for ?1200, not sure how muich without engine tho'

Give it a go yourself, theres plenty of guides on the web, and probably this site that show how its done
gunzi

Snowface
23-02-05, 11:39 AM
ste_nova was offering to fit peoples vavler's in for ?100!!

he's done it loads of times so Pm him.

SRlew
23-02-05, 01:52 PM
does ste_nova do a good job though?