PDA

View Full Version : really confused please help

storer
21-02-05, 12:34 PM
As you know ive fitted a 1.4sri engine to my nova and im having trouble getting it going. heres what ive done so far.
i have wired the red wire directly to the battery
and the thick red/blue wire to the fuel pump
ive tried the black wire on both the black wires from the ignition barrel and still nothing happens.
I thought like you said that my ecu is probably just knackered but im not so sure now as i have since got another 3 ecus and none of them have worked. ive tried them on my mates corsa sri because i thought its wierd to get 4 knackerd ecus and they worked on his car, so i think i must be going wrong some where with the wiring.
ive heard that the ecu earths through the fuel pump relay or somthing like that but i really havent got a clue what to do now.

if you can tell me exactly were i need to put all the wires i need i would be really greatful as its starting to really annoy me now. Im currently out of work so i have no money and so carnt afford to take it to a garage.

Also am i right in thinking that fuel pump wire goes to some other components aswel as directly to the fuel pump?

Thanks in advance i honestly really appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

j1400
21-02-05, 01:09 PM
Run a wire from the case of the ecu straight to ground. was the old engine a single point injection jobby, if so you a new pump is needed.

Aragorn
21-02-05, 03:47 PM
i answered this in the pm u sent me, and theres more info in the other post u made

try to keep it all in one thread