PDA

View Full Version : Oil cooler

-Bruce-
20-02-05, 05:08 PM
Ok, do any off you know who has fitted a oil cooler on the 16008v before?

I got one from the scrappy today off a xe. Got the wee sandwitch plate and the pipework and cooler its self. The threded bit that the filter threads onto on the 8v is to short so you use the XE one that came off with the sandwitch plate. But i cant get the 8v one out!! The xe one used a Allen key conection to come out. But i dont think the 8v one does!!

Anyone know anything about this? Cheers

Bruce

Stuart
20-02-05, 05:18 PM
tbh you dont really need an oil cooler on the small block engines unless your constantly running it at above normal RPM's

dan, cp etc dont run them, and they are rather silly engines. i think you only really need to consider one if your cooling system isnt up to it, eg some 20XE's and turbo applications, or silly rallying lol

just my opinion

-Bruce-
20-02-05, 08:58 PM
Yeh i know what you mean cambridge, but as I had some money and there was one in the scrapy i thougght i would just get it. But i know what you mean even the XEs can go fine without one.

As im building my engine to group A nova spec and they have one fitted, I thought I may aswell fit one.

I take it you dont know anyone who has fited one or how to fit the sandwitch plate on?

Bruce