PDA

View Full Version : Re-con engine mileage?

tay
02-04-02, 09:40 AM
As i just fitted a reconditioned GTE engine to my SR, does that mean the mileage should be zero, if so is it just a case of winding the speedo of the digidash to read zero (presently reads about 138,000) or do I just leave it as it is? Reason i'm wondering is cos when I come to sell the car (not that i'm thinking of doing that yet!) its gonna probably end up reading as some dodgy hile mileage and no-ones gonna touch it.

cheers lads

Tay

Davidp16v
02-04-02, 09:56 AM
leave it alone mate ! u will get done
when the mots read different,
i bought my car with 128k on the clock knowing i was gonna put a 55k 16v engine in it. pi55er isnt it !

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

pukka-novasr
02-04-02, 10:31 AM
well the milage also counts for the actuall car too not just the engine, so it givs peeps an idea when fings mite be expected to not work as well etc.

Damian Coull
02-04-02, 12:40 PM
its all bollocks anyway. my original engine had done 87k then I put in a 16v digidash which said 116k then I put in a cav rebuilt engine so none of it is right. when you come to sell it you will obviously tell them its had a recon so that will explain why its wrong.

Ste_Nova
02-04-02, 04:39 PM
lol my 16v nova has got 002500 on it now..... cause i put it back to 000000 when i rebuilt the engine (it's easier to keep track of oil changes etc) but i have kept track of the real miles so i can "correct" it for the mot etc

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!

wisewood
02-04-02, 05:38 PM
special rates for girls... LMFAO.
Not seen that new addition to the footer before. LMFAO!!!

Rich Dale
04-04-02, 02:04 AM
My old A-reg Nova had 93K.....I mean 193K.....ooops.....it'd gone round once but they didn't know that!

My Antibes miles got totally fucked up.....original dash swapped for SR ones (4-pack to 6-pack), then I fitted the digi ones, then I fitted MK Cav GL ones (to fill the large cut-out hole in the MKI dash left by the digi clocks) so in the end when I sold it, it read 34K lol

With on old Nova, mileage usually means fook all......I ignore it......I just look at the condition of the car overall as mileage means little with an older car......e.g my E-plate Antibes with a true mileage of about 98K, was in far better condition than most cars with half that mileage 'cos I'd had so many new and replaced parts.
BTW....that had a re-built engine and I left the mileage as it was...which ever dash was in at the time...can't remember now lol

ednovasr
06-04-02, 03:18 PM
just tell who ever buy's it at millage it was replaced/ reconed at!then they will know what their buying and means you have to to burgger all!

Sid
06-04-02, 04:26 PM
My Gsi engine has done 78k miles, my 2L 16v has done around 60k, ...why can't I clock back the mileage on the new digidash (one I got from David P a year ago -when I had the Nova!) to what the car is actually at? to 78k (digidash reads 130k)

That would be higher than the engine, but in line with all the cars history that I have got, which is all true.

www.novastyle.co.uk

Fester
07-04-02, 11:59 PM
twiddling the odometer isnt illegal - it only becomes illegal if u try to pass it off as the genuine mileage

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS