PDA

View Full Version : 15" screen

ANDYRACER
19-02-05, 05:07 PM
Right going to fit a 15" screen in the front of my car and hopefully mount it on the dash i have seen it done on the clio on this website but am unsure how to attach it and its a mk2 nova dash. Any ideas?

General Baxter
19-02-05, 06:39 PM
just where are you going to put this on the dash with out opstrucking (opps spelling) your veiw

something that large is stupid in a car anyway :lol:

flowlikewater
20-02-05, 11:26 AM
im trying to get 2 7" screens in my car and thats guna be the limit i recon.

if your getting a 15" screen, mount it in the boot or its guna be useless.

get a piece of card the same shape as the screen and size (15") dont forget the surround of the screen (an extra 2") then place it on the dash and realise its too big, not just because its a nova!!!!!

ANDYRACER
21-02-05, 04:03 PM
no i want it to be de-tache able so i can put it in the boot so wondering how to attach it and then be-able to detach again?

flowlikewater
21-02-05, 05:22 PM
most screens for cars are attatched using rca wires. so just run a new set to the boot. but seriously mate 15" is too big, for the dash.

leave it in the boot. get a 5.6" or 7" for the dash. its alot more practical.

what do you need 15" for? id be supprisec if your eyes could focus on something that big being so close if mounted in the dash.

andyhayes77
19-04-05, 11:37 AM
Rite what u need to do is rip out your air vents and clock at the top ov ur dash. Now the tricky bit go to your local garden centre get about 3 meters of flexhose pipe rip out your existing air vent tubes to the window and replace them with the flexy hose pipes u need 5 one for each vent on the window use duck tape to seal em all together TRUST ME IT WORKS now u have the option of having aa sliding screen and 15" fits I had it in my car the only problem is ive got rid of the screen now and ended up with a masive gap. if u need pics or more help email me.

Chris
19-04-05, 11:45 AM
does it matter if you are obstructing the view of the road. Not as if the car is being driven

andyhayes77
20-04-05, 10:43 AM
your not obstructing awt exept your air vent dials the screen comes out of the dash n goes down not up ill try n get my laptop fixed n pull the pics off show you how its done but personally ive moved onto a 7" screen and it looks well better really nice tight fit makes it look as though it was suppost to be there goto Centurian website they do great screens ive had 4 now and theres was the best