PDA

View Full Version : :( Destroyed + Gutted

GR
29-03-02, 05:21 PM
This morning at 8.50am (Greenwich, SouthEast London), i was awoken by my birds mum who was saying that my car was not to be seen. Still half asleep, i thought she must not of seen it until my girlfriend came back upstairs highly upset.

My nova was last seen by me at 1.30am, this morning when i went outside for a cigarette and not seen at 6.00am by my birds mum, indicating the car was stolen within these hours.

Without sounding like a girl i feel heartbroken. im 18 and had modded the car from standard and it was starting to look really good. its only a 1.0L and the selfish good for shit cunts who stole it have more than likely ragged the fuck out of it thinking it was a larger engine.

All the time and money i have spent on it no account for absolutely nothing.
The car only had the basic keylock doorpin standard security, the point is though as this proves, you cannot own fuck all in this pathetic world.
theres too much scum in the world to own anything nice without worrying.

Im now fucked and this incident has upset two families and put my relationship with my girl in jeopardy.

Be warned, you think it won't happen 2u but it does, ALWAYS lock doors and use steering locks for no matter how long you leave the car, whatever area in the country.

Ive also lost about ?120 worth of CD's and my blaupunkt head unit will no doubt be wrecked.
police and insurance have been informed and its registered as stolen, i can now only wait.

thanx for your reading time. :(

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

Davidp16v
29-03-02, 05:25 PM
what a fu<ker !
sorry to hear it mate
it will be recovered soon i am sure, just hope some of the stuff on it will still be inplace.

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

GR
29-03-02, 05:29 PM
im hoping maybe all my momo gear i had in it (gearknob, steerin wheel, mats, seatbelt harnesses etc) and wheels \ sideskirts will still be there.

Doubtin it though.
Im gutted to bits. :( :(

REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

spanishfly
29-03-02, 06:03 PM
where bouts were u? i live in south london going to a meet up black heath tonite so i'll look out for it!

contact me @ spanishmale17@hotmail.com

Jim
29-03-02, 06:51 PM
Gutted for you mate. I know what it's like to have your car broken into, but to have it stolen and now missing is a total shame. I hope this doesn't put you off modding cars again, although the insurance company will probably make sure you won't be able to modify your next car :( Sorry again, Jim

srboy
29-03-02, 07:17 PM
just think of it like this! the harsh but good way!., you may have lost your pride and joy and ull be gutted to fcuk but you have to rise above it n say fuk it!. you know ull come bak with a bigger fatter nova as you have gained expeariance modding your 1L. when i had my bike nicked (cannondale ?1500) i was more frustrated about thinking who done it than if i was gunna get it bak. but ur right u kant have naff all here theres always sum gype waiting to fuk it up for u!:)

Ste_Nova
29-03-02, 07:47 PM
imobliser/alarm???? did u have one fitted... they are the first mods unless u keep ur nova in ur bedroom like me

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!

michaelbould
29-03-02, 07:55 PM
I know how u feel mate, mine got nicked too, got a big f**k off steering lock for my new nova.

Novas are in the top 3 cars for being stolen along with 2 other vauxhalls (i think its the Astra Mk3 which top the table)

A thatcham 2 immobilser only costs about ?80 fitted, although im not sure how effective they are.

Hope you get some of the parts back. The twats who nicked mine at least left the Panasonic head unit. They did however take everything else (wings, wing mirrors, standard air filter)

tomasti
29-03-02, 10:18 PM
Sorry dude :(

lockys_nova
30-03-02, 12:14 PM
Sorry 2 here it bud, mine keeps gettin dun over 2, s**t happens 2 the best ov us im afraid,

If it has tits or wheels itl giv u probs!:)

GR
30-03-02, 01:57 PM
im hoping to get a 1.3SR, and as u say SRboy, im trying to look forward to moddin it bigger, better, and learn from experience.

Still unbeleivable it happens 2 u though.

REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

RobIsGrt18
30-03-02, 04:24 PM
doh! thats a real bitch m8! , there are sum real bastards out there !!!

phatt_nova
31-03-02, 12:41 AM
damn shame it'll always be a problem, the best we can do is make it as hard for them as possible. A little bit of advice on security just to give the thief some info before he tries to break into your car:
LEAVE YOUR GLOVE BOX EMPTY AND KEEP IT OPEN WHENEVER THE CAR IS PARKED, this reduces the prospects of goodies being found in the car, basically have ure car spotless throughout DONT LEAVE ANYTHING IN THE CAR! with the usual obvious extras alarm etc.

wisewood
01-04-02, 09:31 AM
Best thing to do is get someone to drive you round all the big ass fields, ditches and old quarries etc in the area - also any multi-story or underground parking areas. If the car has been dumped, which it most likely has, these would be the most sensible places for them to dump it where few people would be around.
No point waiting for the police to find it - you could be waiting months.

GR
01-04-02, 09:32 PM
ive still heard jack from the police, not that they give 2 shits anyway, to them your just another statistic to be typed in on the computer. The likelyhood now is that its either been burnt out, on bricks somewhere gutted, or at the bottom of a river somewhere in the country.

I don't really like thinking about it.

Bastards.

REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

Anonymous
02-04-02, 09:13 AM
if you dont have an imobleiser just take your king lead off they ent going any where

i am on the save for loads of mods

Damian Coull
02-04-02, 12:13 PM
theres lots of things you can do to try and prevent your car being stolen. this is however, no help to grant whose car has now been stolen.

I'm sorry to hear it mate, as you know I have spent hours working on your car as well and its such a shame that some stupid c*nt has jsut taken it away from you because they wanted a bit of fun for the night.

tossers !!

It doesn't really matter what security you put on your car becasue if they really want it, they will get it.

There are some things that will deter most thieves from even attempting it though.

If you do get another Nova, the first thing you should do is get a cat 1 alarm and immobiliser fited with keypad central locking. the have the doors de-locked. that will deter alot of thieves as they are most often little dickheads about 16 or 17 years old.

also if they still manage to get in the cat 1 imoobiliser will more than likely prevent them from getting away with your car.

Also try and use as much common sense as possible. If you drive down the street and people look at your car, this means it stands out and makes people envious of it.

There are a lot of spiteful jealous people out there. don't park it in areas that will be deserted. or areas that aren't well lit up. Never leave ANYTHING on show in the car.

anyways its easy to say all this in hindsight.

on th eplus side, you can buy my car now !

GR
02-04-02, 12:24 PM
insurance would eat me if i dare uttered the words 2.0L 8v hatchback at 18 .

Its only really sunk in now what has happened and its fcukin gut-wrenching. Claiming on insurance will be pointless due to the fact that the return i'll be likely see (Which could take months anyway) won't even halve how much my premium will go up if i do claim.

Im hoping to get a relatively untouched 1.3SR, lowered 60mm and relatively untouched on outside which is perfect as i don't want to drive someone else's project.
Its largely been engine modded
(Full janspeed zorst, stage 2 flowed head),
BIG Cam, these are pretty much un-noticeable anyway excludin the exhaust system

Its also white, (Same as stolen nova), 5 months MOT & Tax, ?750 so hopefully if all goes well i can get that and start again.

REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

novaworld
02-04-02, 11:30 PM
Oh no mate, i'm so gutted for you. I've only just recieved the new photos of it for my website.
I know how much you loved modding your Nova, you had a lot of future plans. It's crap that you aren't going to claim because it's not worth it. Why don't people leave things alone. Someone kicked off one of my wing mirrors the other day, not as bad as having your car nicked, but it's the fact that there are jealous twats about who want to ruin it.
Try to rise above it mate, get a new car with a good security system. Don't let it ruin your relationship, that would make it even worse. Hope it all turns out ok.
http://www.novagte.co.uk

We like a smooth behind

GR
03-04-02, 08:47 AM
Cheers Matt.
You can still put them up in tribute if you want !

REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Bring On The SR-
:D
*WaTcH tHiS sPaCe* :D

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

Rich Dale
04-04-02, 01:05 AM
Gutted for you mate :(

Fooking lowlife pond slime wankers....I hate the bastards to the very core X-(
Where I work part time, there's been about 6 or 7 break-ins to peeps cars in the last few weeks....it's getting worse too and more frequent....mine was one of them unfortunately, but no damage was done other than the door lock being screw-drivered, but even that was fixable.

I think what saved it was this one simple thing.....hidden bonnet pull!

Basically, the first thing twats do when they brake in and the alarm goes off (if you have one) is go for the bonnet pull so they can get at the alarm and rip the wires out...well, mine keeps up-hooking from the bracket under the dash so I just kept pushing it up behind the fuse-box.....not intentionally doing it for security at the time.....just to get it out of sight.
Anyway, I recon that that was what prevented any further attack....they couldn't get to the alarm to turn it off so they shat their pants and legged it!

It's now properly hidden to confuse any bastards who may try again hahaha! (evil laugh)

Another good trick that's cheep and simple is to totally enclose the alarm.....I'm not going to give away too many details of my security though 'cos I'm sure some thieving scum probably scan through places like this for ideas! Scary thought that one :O

wisewood
04-04-02, 03:53 PM
I just thought rich - i know what your car looks like - and where you work - and where the bonnet pull is in it now... muuhahaha...

only joking - as if i would do that. :D

Sid
06-04-02, 03:56 PM
Grant... very disturbed to read posts like this ...just hope it turns out better than expected.

keep it real.