PDA

View Full Version : running probs

scubasteve
19-02-05, 02:02 PM
hello ppl could some 1 plz help i have just fitted a 1.3 sr engine in my nova and ive fitted a weber carb to it and a piper cross filter and it is touching the bonnet. i have asked the people who suplied me the carb and they have told me its got an astra inlet manifold on is there a difference between the nova and astra 1???

also it keeps cutting out when i am slowing down and stopping at lights can any 1 help cheers steve

NovaloadedAgain
19-02-05, 02:11 PM
In my experience sounds like a carb problem. Check all the inlet manifold bolts are tight etc. Air could be getting in. My airbox sits very close to the top of the bonnet, But I wouldnt worry I dont think the Astra has a different size inlet.

General Baxter
19-02-05, 02:13 PM
the cutting out, might be the carb icing over :roll:

Ste_Nova
19-02-05, 02:21 PM
sounds like it needs a tune.... you can get short filters for use with the 32/34

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/H252UWT/550stes_novas20016.jpg

flowlikewater
19-02-05, 02:31 PM
if it keeps cutting out it could just mean your engine needs retiming. or something similar to that! i had a similar problem with my car cutting out. take it to a tuners and explain whats going on. they could sort it out quickly enough.

scubasteve
21-02-05, 08:02 PM
thanx for the replies. but have you got ne other ideas cos ive already had it tuned and timing is spot on.

Aragorn
22-02-05, 10:59 AM
well whoever tuned it was a sack and didnt do it right then

go somewhere else

and u'll need a shorter filter

think u can get a ramair one for it thats very low profile