PDA

View Full Version : xplod subs

General Baxter
19-02-05, 01:10 AM
why do people think these are crap

iv got 4x 12" and a 15" running of the 4x xplod 1000watt amps and a JBL 400watt amp

iv allready broken the rear window, :lol: i like the shape, i like the colour, and the price :lol:

so why do people these are so crap ?

epo
19-02-05, 12:07 PM
am just not a fan imo i dont like how they look
am a big beliver in paying top price for top stereo parts

eg rockford
alpine
audiobahn
cerwin vega ect

Marc
19-02-05, 01:14 PM
I agree with baxter, they are good for the price. But to buy all that stuff baxter has bought in Alpine or something maybe double the price.

but with the looks, its all on your own opinion.

flowlikewater
19-02-05, 02:59 PM
i just dont ike sony because of what ive been told of them from my mates. ive never tryed them really. but honestly dont want to. every one ive known thats had them have always given a bad review or opinion on them.

epo
19-02-05, 03:39 PM
am just having alpine in golf

Adam
19-02-05, 03:40 PM
i just dont ike sony because of what ive been told of them from my mates. ive never tryed them really. but honestly dont want to. every one ive known thats had them have always given a bad review or opinion on them.
I suggest you try them mate.
I bought 2x 12" of baxter and can't pick a fault with them.
They are a lot better than my kenwood ones. And they are running underpowered, but they are still v.loud.
And i have them running in a home made box, which ain't exactly professionally designed and made. :lol:
They look and sound good, i agree with Epo that more expensive stuff is gonna be better.
But the xplod subs do what i need them to do :wink: :D

flowlikewater
20-02-05, 11:29 AM
i would try them but im in mid boot build and already have my stuff.

has any one ever heard of ultimate? ive got 2 10" subs and their unbelievable. i was so impressed!!! its a company i never even heard of then a mate got banned from driving and sold them to me. there amazing. really tight and punchy!!!

Jack
20-02-05, 03:32 PM
I'd say they're the best of the budget jobbies. Had two sets of twin 12" Xplod subs (the pentagon ones) and both sounded excellent (but were running of decent amps). Bought my last pair for ?80 from Bassjunkies.

If I had more money to spend then I'd go with epo and buy Cerwin Vega or Alpine.

Marc
23-02-05, 07:19 PM
Well at the mo im going to run all alpine stuff in my nova cause i just got a read unit im happy with and some 6x9's on the way so wont to see if you stick with the same stuff through out a system if it made anything different.

but i have no porbs with sony just experimenting with this stuff cause only havin a sub and amp, so wil be cheap :D well compaired to a ice build lol