PDA

View Full Version : dodgy mot?!

srboy
01-04-02, 08:33 PM
does any one know of ne where down south that does dodgy mots?. as im not in the mood for taking off my wheels n stuff only to have 2put them bak on. the only thing i shuld fail on is immisions due to 1800 injectors but they sum times get funny bout fouling the body work n stuff. dont they know if it doesnt scrub it aint low enuff!

Novaload Admin
01-04-02, 11:21 PM
how about make ur car roadworthy fool!

Dicko
02-04-02, 12:21 AM
1800 injectors make's absolutaly no difference!! The ECU still sends the same fuel/air mixture, the bigger injectors just alow for a greater amount of fuel/air. so at tickover it would b the same!!

Gobby
02-04-02, 12:49 AM
not worth the hassle mate, plus they want silly money for them, gone are the days where you slip the tester ?50 and you have an mot, talking at least ?250 up here, why waste the money when a few extra quid can have you legal?

Freak
02-04-02, 03:31 AM
?250?
Pah
?20 round here (and mine is legit by the way-but some people i know have MOTS that arent legit.......)

wisewood
02-04-02, 10:19 AM
Freak - he means 250 quid for them to look the other way and pass the car.

They are only 15 - 25 quid round here for a legit one.

SRBOY - why the hell would you want a dodgy MOT certificate? The whole point of the MOT is that it checks everything on the car to make sure its roadworthy... why would you not want to make sure it was ??

Stuart
02-04-02, 11:38 AM
get a legit one!! you lazy twat

despite them being technically vald for the duration your in the MOT bay lol

Im a Corporate tart :D

Ste_Nova
02-04-02, 05:39 PM
i just take mine to a blind tester....

2.0 16v
tester "wheres the cat"
me "i've took it off"
tester "ok"

tester "nice hole in the exhaust"
me "i'm getting a new one soon"
tester "ok"

tester "rear foot brake is a bit down"
me "ok (as i pulled handbreak to help it)"
tester "it's fine now u musn't have been pushing hard enough (lol i was pushing as hard as i could)

1.0 my dad took this one

it's got no brake on one side at the rear
tyre was illigal when it went for test
wipers fucked and sprayers not working... and all it failed on was a hole the size of a 3.5" disk in the boot floor!!

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!

Gobby
04-04-02, 01:26 AM
Ste, if I send my nova down on a lorry will you take it to the aforementioned tester for me? :P save me having to hunt out this elusive floor repair kit X-(

Rich Dale
04-04-02, 01:46 AM
lol@Ste.....sounds like my tester lol

Don't worry though....my cars have always been road worthy, it's just that he knows I'll fix anything he finds wrong with it straight away, so always issues the new MOT for me :)
Actually....there's only been once when I needed that (when my horn didn't work).....I've not had an MOT failure for a long time (apart from a brake light bulb that he sorted on the spot for free).

Freak
04-04-02, 06:20 PM
Lol
I also meant ?20 to look the other way and pass the car.
(yes its that cheap at one placeround here)lol

ednovasr
06-04-02, 02:56 PM
Mine was in mint condition apart from a 2/3 inche whole in the front chassis where ehgine mount is should a fail was about on a lose break light bulb when I said there one in the glove box!fitted it then got New M.O.T had weilding done a week later!(didn't want engin on floor on way home!from UNI!)