PDA

View Full Version : Respray

tomasti
03-04-02, 01:14 AM
I wanto colour code my SRi and put some skirts on it etc etc. But I dont wanna attempt the spray job myself cause i'll probably foul it right up! How much d'you reckon it'll cost me to have it resprayed? I just want the car 'blown over' really but other bits like the bumbers, door handles and skirts fully painted. Any ideas?

Tomasti says "say fu<k all" ;)

Dannova12
03-04-02, 02:23 AM
theres a compant in Newcastle doing quite cheap jobs. I wish i was closer to them as i would have had mine done. He quoted me 400 quid to repair both rear arches and give the car another coat of its original carmine red.

markmc
03-04-02, 11:10 AM
For a full respray i got quoted ?1500. that was fitting all my mods and rolling the arches for 18's

CP
03-04-02, 05:59 PM
The minimum will be ?3-400 with you doing all the prepping. If he has to do that as well you could easily be up near a ?1000.

Rich Dale
04-04-02, 01:50 AM
My local spray shop said ?400 for everything apart from the roof being sprayed, plus ?70 extra to have the bumpers done....that included all prep work and having some minor dents smoothed out.
I never went through with it though and ended up doing it myself last summer....even cheaper :)

ade
04-04-02, 11:58 AM
dive in at the deep end - get a "how to" book from haynes and do it yerself. Best part about moddin and one of the biggest challenges (and thes most satisfying) is respraying yer car. If your not confident fair enough but stripping it down and doing it all back up - knowing you've done it is a pretty big kick - specially if it comes out mint!

Ade

ednovasr
06-04-02, 02:28 PM
:'>I have sprayed up repaire to rusty areas on my car with cans and they where coming out very well untill begin of this year!paint keeps giving lumpy sand paer afect as coming out nothing to do with how much I wet&dry inbetween coats!Have to compaines changes nossils or mixture?happens with paint I buy for my compressor now to so have a very shit wing now!

Help is it something I have forgotten to do in my old age of 20 from 19(Oh happy teenage days!):)