PDA

View Full Version : the nova rims to have in 2005

peester
18-02-05, 06:25 PM
stolen from rb..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/bordeau_153.jpg

porsche rims.. mmmmm mmmmmm. THe best in my opinion. very hardcore. wud love a set of them muthas... rest of motor is pants, bar the colour..
some euro nova it is, oh interior is supposed to be swanky too.

epo
18-02-05, 06:32 PM
there was a set on a dutch or geman corsa in total vaux a while back and it looked awsome
so like those rims

?Marty?
18-02-05, 06:35 PM
Very nice wheels. Also, bar the mirrors, that is a better looking nova than ANY i have ever seen in the UK. Except for the colour.

dunova
18-02-05, 06:40 PM
I agree, i think i looks awesome. Looks like a profesional job too.

dan_mk1
18-02-05, 06:46 PM
I dont see the idea of putting porsche rims on a nova? lol, a guy on cliosport done it and it just looked wrong.

Mike.
18-02-05, 07:14 PM
a lot of the vw guys put porche rims on there cars, i think they look nice on a nova

peester
18-02-05, 07:17 PM
a lot of the vw guys put porche rims on there cars, i think they look nice on a nova
yeah but vag-porsche link aint there; same boss. so we suppose to go with lotus wheels? lol

Rexy
18-02-05, 07:30 PM
Porka 90 wheels on a nova... It works and looks ace in my opinion.

I really can't think of any Lotus wheels i'd die for to be honest.

benji
18-02-05, 08:09 PM
I dont see the idea of putting porsche rims on a nova? lol, a guy on cliosport done it and it just looked wrong.

why has someone on clio sport fitted porsche wheels on his nova? and why don't he come on here if he has a nova? :wink:

Breeny
18-02-05, 08:11 PM
Trouble is without a wider arch kit they will look silly. The design 90's are 7.5J wide and a silly offset.

The car looks very well done anyway, I even kinda like the front end which is a first.. lol

I've managed to get some rims that I fell in love with on that old skool thread for my nova when it returns... I'm not sure how they will look but we'll see I suppose lol

peester
18-02-05, 08:15 PM
I've managed to get some rims that I fell in love with on that old skool thread for my nova when it returns... I'm not sure how they will look but we'll see I suppose lol

oooh, can anyone guess lol?; its still in events aint it??

epo
18-02-05, 09:53 PM
The car looks very well done anyway, I even kinda like the front end which is a first.. lol

reminds me of a corsa a little

Fester
18-02-05, 11:39 PM
Hmmm not sure about those Porsche 'Design 90's. The VW forum people seem to wank over them but they look a bit pap on VW's and worse on that Nova!

scott.parker
19-02-05, 03:28 AM
the wheels look mint on a porka,but shit on a nova,and whats the point having a nova if your going to make it look like a polo? why not just have a polo and put the rims on that??? :roll:

sp

Nova-Flair
19-02-05, 07:10 PM
has a touch of vw bora about it i think..............its different i'll give it that

Mitchybee
19-02-05, 07:14 PM
How are you meant you fit them?

Mike.
19-02-05, 07:16 PM
its got a bora front end by the looks of it, must of spent ages building that

Rick Draper
19-02-05, 07:31 PM
That looks totally spot on. Best thing thats ever come out of europe. Looks like its finished to a high standard. Still its probably only got a 1.2 in it :lol:

Chris_W
20-02-05, 03:58 PM
Breeny, silly offset? to my knowledge porsche rims go up to a 65 offset, the majority though are et 55, so from that point of view you could probably squeeze them onto a nova, as you'd need to convert to 5 stud anyway and that would take some of the offset away. I think design 90s are pap though, Cup 3 or Turbo Twists are the way to go!

Chris

NovaNeil
20-02-05, 04:13 PM
That is one sweet Nova! Very smartly done. I like a lot! :D

Neil

RJM25R
21-02-05, 09:12 AM
Design 90's are available in a 6 inch fitment as well, and an 8" too. Lots of golf boys fit them cost they look smoooooth with a euro look car.... They usually go with a 6 front and an 8" rear with a 195/45/16" tyre stretched over......

CHECK THIS ADD I RIPPED FROM CLUB gti.....

Hello all,
Got a set of Design 90's up for grabs. They are 2
8x16 and 2 6x16 all four have the tyres they come
with off the porsche being 225/50/16 and
205/50/16.
I've polished up two alresdy and not got time to finish
the others, they have alloy centre caps and no
kerbings. I can't post pics but i think you all know
what they look like.
Need the space hence ?225
Collection from SE London or can deliver within M25

You can buy a 4x100 hubcentric fitment kit for about ?150-?200 which will convert your nova to a porsche fitment. I have been considering fitting these to my new project (NOT a nova!) but they have a 20mm spacer built in, which necessitates serious arch work on the nova.

THIS IS A LINK FOR VW BEETLE ADAPTERS, BUT THEY GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF THE PRICES....

http://www.machine7.co.uk/Cart/Wheel_Adaptors.htm

That NOVA on the pic at the beginning of this thread is awesome. Imagine it with a std. nova front end and it would be an ass-kicker!