PDA

View Full Version : British transport police

bob
03-04-02, 06:57 PM
A while ago(februaryish) I got a letter through the post from these peeps saying I had failed to stop at a red signal,and I dont remember doing it,after thinking about it,it would probably be a level crossing,and where the incident took place,is a level crossing! they said in the letter I may be liable for prosecution,I sent off my details to the as quick as I could cos I was bricking it and now 2 months later,they have got back to me with a court summons! :O I do not remember doing the incident,although with stereo on,and if ur directly at a level crossing,u would not be able to hear the klaxons of see the lites??? anyways,they have said I may plead guilty without attending court,which is what I want t do really,but I have to cough up ?30 court fees anyways,and if I do go to court,my punishment may be more heavier penalty wise IF Im foung guilty,its obvious they have evidence of me goin over the crossing,but they also say if I want to plead not guilty,the date will be changed so witnesses can be found and that,I think this is really unfair but I cannot do anything about it,so I am going to plead guilty,just cos it seems the cheaper option,but does anyone have an idea wot I may face as a fine? will I get points(probably knowing them) and what happens about insurance?-I really want to argue with em that they should have more lites on the other side of the crossing so u can see them more if ur in pole position at the line as it stands,my insurance wont be going down this year by the looks...:( please let me know of ur incidents and wot u got ur pants pulled for money wise and penalty wise?

autochokes suck!

nova-racer
03-04-02, 07:17 PM
don't plead guilty what ever you do!!! :( if you do that then they'll wack out a big fine, and penalty points which will in the end be more expensive. plus they'll try to fuck you if you do anything minor. if i were you i'd say it wasn't you, because if you dont remember doing it, then at court the people will know that your not lying, because you dont remember what you did... if you did it at all.. play it cool man B-)

Rich Dale
04-04-02, 01:32 AM
I agree.....don't admit to anything especially since you can't even remember doing it!
If you could remember doing it, then I'd say be honest and own up, but not in this case......make them show you the evidence they claim they have against you.....I'll ask my sis what the Law in on this as she's doing law at Uni....and I'll get back to you ;)

P.S.....sorry I've not replied to your last e-mail yet....and that goes to everyone else who I've got to reply to...been way too flipping busy lately!

wisewood
04-04-02, 10:36 AM
DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY - thats daft - it could have been a faulty camera that just took a random shot of you driving over or something... You should plead not guilty and then once you do that you are legally allowed to see all their evidence before it goes to court - disclosure, you see.
Then at least you know what they are going to throw at you and wont be completely baffled when they show you what they have, if anything.
AND - as if they are gonna find anyone who remembers a car driving through a red light 2 months ago - let along what the reg number was or anything else.

ade
04-04-02, 12:11 PM
don't pleade guilty unless your'e mad!
do as the boyz say. Is there a camera at the crossing? Have you spoken to citizens advice or solicitor?
These letters are designed to put the shits up you. Stay calm. Go back to the spot (in a different car) and check it out - may help to jog your memory.

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

Ste_Nova
04-04-02, 06:14 PM
errr u'd be dead micky

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!

Stuart
04-04-02, 06:18 PM
it was also technically "tresspassing" which is a ?1k fine minimum :D aswell as breaking the law with regard to stopping for traffic signals

Im a Corporate tart :D

Breeny
04-04-02, 07:13 PM
erm level crossings. They come down heavy on you if u jump them, so many peoples safety are at stake!

wisewood
05-04-02, 09:53 AM
the thing is - he could have gone through just as the lights came on - and the camera flashed him... we dont know do we...
and anyway - i thought you couldn't get through them when a train was coming because of the big bloody barrier that drops down ???

bob
05-04-02, 10:30 AM
I think it all happened at the same time,I pulled off at the moment the lights came on,although like I have said I cannot be sure. THe bit that I thought was unfair was that if I dont plead guilty,it will cost me more to go through court and if I am found guilty my punishment will be harsher,the way I see this is that they are trying to bully me into pleading guilty to save themselves time etc.
as I was just pulling off would it have been safer to sit waiting,where the barrier couldnt close/on the tracks or would it have been better to make the crossing clear???
I am going to plead guilty and be absent from court,I have filled in the mitigating circumstances explaining the lights and sirens came on just as I was pulling off and that it would not have been sensible or safe to stop the reverse back behind the line.

autochokes suck!

wisewood
05-04-02, 04:35 PM
just have to wait and see what happens now then mate.

hope it all goes well for ya.

bob
05-04-02, 10:37 PM
u aint the only one :( Im bricking it now mate,just wish they were like other lites and have a second set across the obsticle so peeps at the front can see em better n that-looks like getting a gte/gsi insured sensibly will be another years time :(

Ready for Donny 2k2???