PDA

View Full Version : Nova GTE : Rear Discs Conversion ???

superkaribou
18-02-05, 05:44 AM
Hello all !!! 8)

Is I would like to know how necessary it to make to put disc brakes at the back of my Nova GTE?

Which brakes of which model I have to put?

Which modifications I have to make too?

Thanks ? lot
Xavier

Will F
18-02-05, 09:33 AM
Rear disks from an early Astra/Kadett GTE/Gsi 16v (non-ABS) then you can either drill the Nova mount to accept the new hub, or cut and weld a new plate onto the Nova beam..

Its quite easy and looks cool.

Rob-16v
18-02-05, 10:58 AM
On the same subject, can you buy wilwood rear calipers for the astras that will fit the rear novas?

superkaribou
18-02-05, 11:48 AM
Rear disks from an early Astra/Kadett GTE/Gsi 16v (non-ABS) then you can either drill the Nova mount to accept the new hub, or cut and weld a new plate onto the Nova beam..

Its quite easy and looks cool.

Ok thanks, They are assembled without modification ?

Stuart
18-02-05, 11:55 AM
CP has wilwood dynalite 2 pots on the rears of his, im not sure how direct the fit was, but they werent far off direct fitment to the front of non vented nova brakes lmao

a chap called Dave has a conversion kit forsale, but getting it to lyon could be tricky :o)

flowlikewater
18-02-05, 11:58 AM
you can buy conversion kits from pvd. not sure on the price. think bout ?99 or there abouts needs welding if i remember correctly.

Rob-16v
18-02-05, 12:03 PM
I dont mean to sound stoooopid but what is pvd?

superkaribou
18-02-05, 12:11 PM
a chap called Dave has a conversion kit forsale, but getting it to lyon could be tricky :o)

I don't understand "a chap" :oops:

Hummm and aren't possible to manufacture it all alone this kit of conversion ?

Stuart
18-02-05, 12:53 PM
lol sorry. there is a guy called dave (thats his user name by the way) that has an M-Tech kit

lol PVD dont exist anymore.