PDA

View Full Version : Engine Conversion insurance.

Nick
17-02-05, 09:03 PM
as some people will know, i'm sticking a 1.6 C16SE in my nova in the summer. Once i'm 19.

So far, most companies won't touch me because i'm doing the conversion, and some will only qoute me as little as ?1600 once i'm 19

I have 0 NCB (due to being on mums insurance) but once i'm 19 i'l practically have 2 years of driving, and no claims, and no points.

I'm thinking ?1600 is a little high, but i can't get it down.

Should i do the conversion and say i'm buying the car already done ? or should i say i'm doing it myself to my current car ?

btw, the 1?1600 is based on the standard engine, before i start declaring the mods i'm doing to it, lmfao

Jack
18-02-05, 02:08 PM
Should i do the conversion and say i'm buying the car already done ? or should i say i'm doing it myself to my current car ?
Hmmm.... some companies may see a DIY job as bodge job and therefore unsafe.... where as some other companies may see a DIY job to mean you're a quality mechanic so know how to look after a car...

Nick
19-02-05, 10:35 PM
i know, and once your commited yourself to giving some details, they record them onto computer, so you can't eactly ring back and say "erm actually, it's being done professionally"

I don't see where all the 2.0 XE boys go ?