PDA

View Full Version : nova update

TWAG
17-02-05, 08:24 PM
Havnt really been on here much recently, but ive still been making a few changes to the nova. I managed to blow up my XE, then get ripped off on ebay for ?750 trying to by a LET.

Well after all that i have now finally got a LET, im going to partly rebuild it, including fiiting a coscast head that i picked up yesterday. Ive had the engine in and running, and its now coming back out to have the rebuild Also got a rear disc set up to go on and theres a few other bits and peices ive got to do

Proberly the best thing though is going to be the trailer im buiding. Ive chopped the back off an sr i broke, and its going to be made to look the same as my car. Ive got to get all the towing gear mounted on then its off to the bodyshop!

Should all be ready for pv!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/twag/P1010394.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/twag/P1010396.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/twag/P1010390.jpg

burgo
17-02-05, 08:26 PM
shit hot a nova shortie lol, good work with the turbo mate

Nick
17-02-05, 08:33 PM
yep that's looking fantastic

love the colour.

that nova trailer shell looks in quite good nick !

Riggy
17-02-05, 08:33 PM
lol at the trailer theres gonna be a few of these at pv this year lol

chris's will be cool though :lol:

glad to hear the nova is comin on :D

Ricks
17-02-05, 08:36 PM
tht looks ace mate :D

krobinson
17-02-05, 08:51 PM
Looking good mate! Looking forward to seeing the finished result!

Keith

dan16v
17-02-05, 09:19 PM
lol@ the shortie that was funny as fuk taking them pics!
to bad there is a proper nova parked next to yours at the moment :lol:

benji
17-02-05, 10:49 PM
did you ever get your cash back from ebay?

TWAG
18-02-05, 08:08 AM
No, not a penny. :cry:

Will F
18-02-05, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear about that mate, will you get ANYTHING back??

I have loads of turbo bits if you need any, let me know....

NickWalliams
18-02-05, 10:25 AM
No, not a penny. :cry:

WTF happened?

Aragorn
18-02-05, 10:42 AM
some bloke advertised engine - was some warning signs and folk posted on mig about them but twag had already bidded and parted with the cash before he caught the thread

the bloke was doing 750 buy it now iirc? but wasnt letting anyone see the actual engine and there had been a few dodgy signs which were noted on mig (cant remember exactly what they were, one of them was that he would only deliver the engine and cash had to be upfront i think)
turned out the pic he posted was some random from club calibra's engine bay that he'd just stolen and claimed as his own

im not sure why paypal/ebay arent giving u something back via their insurance scheme?

did u use a cheque or something?

theolddan_5door_johnson
18-02-05, 12:32 PM
some bloke advertised engine - was some warning signs and folk posted on mig about them but twag had already bidded and parted with the cash before he caught the thread

the bloke was doing 750 buy it now iirc? but wasnt letting anyone see the actual engine and there had been a few dodgy signs which were noted on mig (cant remember exactly what they were, one of them was that he would only deliver the engine and cash had to be upfront i think)
turned out the pic he posted was some random from club calibra's engine bay that he'd just stolen and claimed as his own

im not sure why paypal/ebay arent giving u something back via their insurance scheme?

did u use a cheque or something?

There insurance scheme is just some shitty automated reply! I lost out on ?140 and couldn't get it back for shit!!!

They need to sort it out!!

TWAG
19-02-05, 08:30 AM
Basically the guy knew exactly what he was doing, and covered his tracks in everyway he could. I managed to trace his internet connection to a small town in bletchly (spelling?) in milton keynes. But that was as far asi got. Paypal would not refund and money because he had already taken the money from his paypal account. Ebay had a get out class saying that no item which is to be delivered by the seller is covered by there policy.

Paypal is no more secure as sending cash in an envelope! The cunts even had the cheak to send me an email saying that they where sorry for any inconvenience the situation caused me!!!!!!

?750 is more than a inconvenience!!!!!!!

Any way, i managed to get the money together for another LET and things are now back on track.

Lesson learnt! dont trust anyone!

NovaloadedAgain
19-02-05, 08:47 AM
Damn very sorry to hear that mate, I got stitched over some parts for my scooter I lost ?180. Ebay never do owt.

Very smart motor & I want a trailer!!!!!

-=VanMan=-
19-02-05, 09:10 AM
looks great but whats going on with the rad?

also, what intercooler will you be using :?:

TWAG
19-02-05, 09:15 AM
The rad was just hanging on the front, just to get the engine running. Im taking the engine back out today, to do some work on it. Havnt decided what intercooler to run yet.

-=VanMan=-
19-02-05, 09:22 AM
I got mine on thursday from forge

http://img182.exs.cx/img182/8762/cooler1ol.jpg

Got some hose's for it yesterday so I'll be trial fitting that today

TWAG
19-02-05, 10:45 AM
Nice! How much did that set you back? could you post some pics up of the trial fit so i can see what it looks like.

Ive just been down the garage and took my LET out, took half hour to do it on my own.

-=VanMan=-
19-02-05, 12:19 PM
?230 ish delivered to my door and ?40 odd for the elbow hoses.

Got that and new rad to fit today so I'll get some pics as I go.