PDA

View Full Version : c/l &e /w wireing guide

probert_nova
17-02-05, 02:37 PM
iv'e just got a central locking and electric window kit sent to me but the loom is all cut up and not sure what connects where.

any wireing guides about?

cheers

Alex
17-02-05, 03:22 PM
the back of the haynes manual shows you which wires do what

probert_nova
17-02-05, 03:34 PM
just had a look and its a bit jiberish to me :roll:
any guides in dumbass terms? :D

Nick
17-02-05, 05:57 PM
Right...

Assuming you have the complete loom (wiring harness as people sometimes call them)

Lay it out on the floor, and connect up all the plugs to the CL solenoids and the EW motors. It's pretty simple, and then connect it into the switch box.

Once it's all connected up, you should have one switch that is the right hand side one, connected to the solenoid and also to the EW motors.

The other switch on the box should lead to the left, and go through the little black Central locking ECU, then onto the EW motor and the CL solenoid.

it helps if you lay it out like it would be in the car.

If you've done this correctly and the loom is not hacked to peices, you will end up with 3 spare unconnected wires.

There should be a black wire, and a red wire, with funny plugs on the end of them, this should be on the drivers side of the loom if you've got it laid out on the floor.

There should also be an earth wire, which is brown IIRC.

The black wire and the Red wire plug into 2 seperate slots on the fusebox. You'l have to play around intill you find the right holes for them to go into, but they'l only fit in one hole.

If there are no wires connecting running to the specific sockets on the fusebox (i.e there should be a red wire running to the ONLY hole the red plug will fit into, same for the black) you'l just have to connect the black to Ignition live, and the Red to Permanent Live.

The last unconnected wire is a Brown Earth wire, when fitting into the car this should go on the earth screw under the carpet around the centre console.

There are 3 wires to connect, here is a diagram.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/EWCL.jpg

it's of a floorplan of a nova :-) the thick black lines are the loom, within the loom theres a ton of wires (black/yellow) (black/red) but they should all connect up to the plugs, so no worries about them.

as you can see there are the 3 spare wires, and the general position of them when the loom is inserted into the car !

PM me if you need some more help as i had to rewire my whole loom and put it in.

Thanks Nick

dan-hipgrave
18-02-05, 01:16 PM
Cheers Nick - that will come in very handy when my e/w + c/l kit arrives :D