PDA

View Full Version : Experts - How "free" should this joint be?

Psych-O-Logic
17-02-05, 11:32 AM
http://pic.hevre.co.il/Files/D3371C606B32498FB3485DB91E272FDF/norm_851B1406D1654CA4AE594B2E4C9408CB.JPG

how free should this joint be, there is a joint that can't be seen in the picture bellow that rubber cover.
every part i have checked out has some freedom of movement there.. the ocolone joint inside which holds the metal ball joint sits inside a rubber square, that square moves around a bit inside the metal case covered by the rubber. now ALL the parts i checked have this problem, is it indeed a problem? shouldn't it move around at all?

Please help.

[/img]

Jules
17-02-05, 11:38 AM
On my old Nova I had a problem with the ball popping out of the socket - it turned out that the 'tabs' in the socket were way past their best (I think they're only a type of plastic), I could keep putting the ball back in the socket but it's always come out somewhere along the line.
Only option was to replace that box that has the socket on the underneath, once that was done - and it was all adjusted correctly (which was a pain in the arse!!) it was fine.

To adjust the linkage to be able to get all gears make sure the clamp (item 10 on tha pic) is tight but still slack enough for you to be able to rotate the spindle that slides into the tube - adjust it a little, tighten it, test it then adjust accordingly until you get it right.

Psych-O-Logic
17-02-05, 12:13 PM
ok, so the only thing i have to mess around with in order to make the gear lever switch gears in the correct end exact order is play around with part 10?

make the lever "shorter" and "longer"

i actually don't see any other parts that can be moved around...
and what about the gear lever?

Stuart
17-02-05, 12:21 PM
see other post for "calibration" guide