PDA

View Full Version : Kiwk-Fit expiriences !

Nick
16-02-05, 06:27 PM
I recieved a puncture (from a screw) the other day, and i popped another alloy onto my car (have 2 more sets :-))

yesterday morning, i ran my busted wheel down to kiwkfit in town, right next to my work !

I dropped the wheel off at 8, and he assured it'd be ready by 12, but i told him i'd pick it up at 5, having to leave work early.

I returned at 5, and the wheel had not moved, i had left work early and now missed the oppertunity to sort my carbs out with the chap at the shop, i wasn't impressed and got very annoyed at him.

I returned today at lunch, and he gave me the wheel, repaired, free of charge !

All-in-all a spot on job, good customer service once they had stopped pissing around.

Chris
16-02-05, 07:07 PM
I dont tend to use places like kwik-fit as most people who work there are failed mechanics. I would much rather someone I know fit a tyre, I am usually there so I feel much safer, knowing how it was fitted and that the wheel nuts get tightened up etc

Chris

Nick
16-02-05, 07:11 PM
oh they just plugged it, i didn't let them fit it, did it at home. i have the same opinion of them doing any real work.

but i thought it was nice of them to do it free of charge , after all, they didnt have to knock ?16 off

Riggy
16-02-05, 07:20 PM
?16 for a puncture pmsl :lol:

only ?5 over here lol

Snowface
16-02-05, 08:33 PM
i had a new 'Budget' tyre off them for ?50!!!!!

I needed it that day though so not much choice.

scott.parker
17-02-05, 12:53 AM
The guys at are kwik fit are pretty good and do a quick good job,never had any prob's..oh i do know the manager,might help i think :P

Scott

Phil_G
17-02-05, 12:56 AM
Hiya

my last puncture repair done at my mates garage cost me a double cheeseburger from Maccy D's

:D

Phil

jkhilton
17-02-05, 01:23 AM
From my experience, they are an expensive place and they take ages to do anything.

I tried to get 4 tyres fitted by the one in Altrincham, they told me I would have to leave my car with them all day(I went in at around 9am) I phoned a different place in Stockport and they did the tyres within the hour for about 1/3 the price.

nova---chris
17-02-05, 02:25 AM
Once and stupidly took the nova there.
Only wanted it up on a ramp to check the exaust.
I said want me to pull it on. Bloke replied ill sort itm ate. thought ok. next thing the sound of a car being revved to fuck!!! yes it was mine!! lmao
needless to say out i went and mentioned to the bloke that it dont need 6k to pull it on the ramps. Had the keys of him and did it myself!!

tyres are well overpriced too! thats about it really!

NovaloadedAgain
17-02-05, 07:43 AM
Last time I went to Kwik fit they sorted my tracking after I fitted another steering rack, Think the guy must drive land rovers all day coz he almost took my car on a flying lesson up the ramp! Heard the bumper scrape. Not impressed. Needless to say....another free kwik fit job!

Jack
17-02-05, 09:57 AM
?16 for a puncture pmsl :lol:

only ?5 over here lol
My local tyre place plugged a puncture in one of my wheels for free a little while back :wink:

They'll do a full set of tyres while you wait too, takes them about 10 mins

Needless to say its not a kwik-fit place! :lol:

Nick
17-02-05, 06:08 PM
yep, i was in shock when he qouted me ?16, i needed it done asap as my replacment wheel was a much different offset and it was making the car drive very oddly.

but it was nice of him to do it for free, he owns a Astra GTE cab so maybe it was a vauxhall thing ?

but i'd definetly not go back there again i don't think...

epo
17-02-05, 07:07 PM
I dont tend to use places like kwik-fit as most people who work there are failed mechanics. I would much rather someone I know fit a tyre, I am usually there so I feel much safer, knowing how it was fitted and that the wheel nuts get tightened up etc

Chris

lol i dont think they even passed their argos exam :lol:

it cost me ?5 to have a tyre repaired from hi Q there spot on there do it withing 10 mins too

i wouldnt trust kwik fit or motor save to open a can of beans tbh

sickrabbit
17-02-05, 07:19 PM
pubic hair is not peter rabbits cousin.

need i say more ?

been there done that -
monkeys the bloomin lot of em ( in Bedford anyway) :x

epo
17-02-05, 07:26 PM
pubic hair is not peter rabbits cousin.

need i say more ?

pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ricks
17-02-05, 07:32 PM
i went to kwick fit cause my front passenger side tyre was goin down and it was pissing me off the took the wheel off and it took them an hour for them to turn round and say your dustcaps are lettin air out.shame i loved my chaved up tyre flys :oops: