PDA

View Full Version : Slight Problem

Bryant
16-02-05, 05:17 PM
Well When my engine is started and i dont have any lights on and i put my foot on the brake pedal my Front lights come on, i think it might be a crossed wire but i wouldnt know where to start looking

-Bruce-
16-02-05, 05:29 PM
Gearbox earth strap mate. Well i Would start to LOOK at that, as its a common fault.

Its Located Inside the Near side wheel arch, on the left hand side as you look into the arch. Its bolted to the bearbox with a 13mm nut, and up near the header tank in the engine bay is the other end of it (13mm bolt again)

Bruce

Bryant
16-02-05, 05:33 PM
What exactly am i looking for / what would be wrong with it and how would i identify the fault

mikey14sr
16-02-05, 06:02 PM
check that your brake/tail light bulbs are installed correctly, we had this prob on the vans at work and the muppet at the garage had put them in wrong!!!!!!

Bryant
16-02-05, 06:08 PM
I will try that but as far as i know my brake light bulbs are installed correctly

Philsutton
16-02-05, 06:48 PM
this happened to me, all it was was one of the twin filament bulbs for the brake lights was replaced by a single by accident

Bryant
16-02-05, 06:55 PM
Ok, thanks i will take a look tomorrow when theres light

Nick
16-02-05, 06:58 PM
the gearbox earth belt shouldn't be a problem.

if all the other wiring in the car is spot on, it shouldn't need one. mine doesn't even have one

I've been told this buy a vauxhall engineer.....

Aragorn
17-02-05, 10:05 AM
will be a single filament lamp in rear brake position

flowlikewater
17-02-05, 01:35 PM
had same problem. theres guna be a single filament lamp where a twin is needed! the rear lights on a nova use the brake lights and the normal night lights on the same bulb, which has 2 filaments. check this as its very common. if not then theres a mix up of wires, quite unlikely.

new bulbs cost bout ?4 at most if i remember correctly!

Bryant
17-02-05, 01:42 PM
Thanks, I think i got a pack of 2 Bulbs from Halfords for about 2 pounds, i have change a break light bulb and have put a new reverse light bulb in, so all i have to do is change the break light bulb with a 2 filament light bulb