PDA

View Full Version : Insurance...advice

michaelbould
29-03-02, 08:02 PM
Right insurance time again. I have some mods: Webber Carb, K&N Airfilter, GSi brakes and a big bore zorst. Do i need to tell them about these mods cos the qoutes are killing me. Also have 6 points (SP30 and SP60)and a claim for theft as well.
Car is a SR 1.4

Also can anyone recommmend any insurer.

Novaload Admin
29-03-02, 10:54 PM
yes

wisewood
01-04-02, 09:35 AM
As has been discussed to the point of exhaustion recently - EVERYONE'S DETAILS ARE DIFFERENT... SO INSURANCE IS DIFFERENT.

Although - if you read back through the previos posts about insurance you should find some company names used by half of us on here.

And yes - you need to tell them about the improved brakes, weber carb and the k&n as these improve the performance of the car.
Make sure you tell them about the brakes as that way they know it has stopping power to match

Rich Dale
04-04-02, 02:27 AM
Ooops....I forgot to tell mine about the recent brake up-grade....cheers for reminding me Andy :)

Or...shall I accidentally forget....bastards charged a ?20 admin fee last time I added on a mod, just to up-date the policy.....bugger!
They never used to do that, which is why it was annoying. Joking aside, I will do though so I'm covered.

As for insurers, I'd say not to go for Liverpool Victoria 'cos soon every nova owner will be using them and they'll crash and LV will stop being cheap lol
Seriously though...like said above, just ring round but definitely give LV a go.
I've also found Performance Direct to be good (who I'm currently with) and some peeps swear by Adrian Flux but it depends on your circumstances (where you live etc)

Ste_Nova
04-04-02, 06:22 PM
LV tell u to piss off if u crash your car.... so don't expect to go back to them if u have a claim!!

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!