PDA

View Full Version : Power steering

joeontherun
16-02-05, 02:38 AM
I was told that a car without power sterring can be converted to power steering but im not to sure on this information im sure theres a few people who know there stuff in this forum that can give me the right information.

Cheers

MARTIN KELSON
16-02-05, 08:41 AM
Hi mate,
I've just fitted power steering to my Nova. You need a electric colum from a late 1.2 16v corsa B complete with the ecu. Should cost about 120 quid. The ecu will need to be modified to bypas the speed sensitive part. Cost 200 quid from Harry Hockly and you get a pot to adjust the speed manually.
Fitting pretty easy if you have a bit of mechanical knowledge. If i can do anybody can!! Really worth while if you got a 2.0 with a LSD if not shouldn't really need it.

Cheers

joeontherun
16-02-05, 10:31 AM
Thanks alot m8 thats all i needed to hear becouse i really am getting sore arms with this steering of mines power steering just totaly does the trick.

MARTIN KELSON
16-02-05, 04:09 PM
No worries mate,
If you need any more help if your going to give it a try drop me a mail.
There quite hard to find those steering colums so be warned.
I went onto findit on web and let them do the work.
Cheers

Aragorn
17-02-05, 09:46 AM
u can also run a corsa hydraulic PAS rack with the Track rods cut down and rethreaded and a electric PAS pump from a saxo/106

both ways work - and cost similar amounts

although the corsa rack and saxo parts are slightly more common than the EPS racks (although more EPS racks are coming on the scene now)