PDA

View Full Version : L.E.D Lighting!!

Nova_Tek
12-02-05, 02:00 PM
Before I go buy L.E.D replacement bulbs for my MK1 nova indicators I want to find out if they will work. (C reg no wing indicators)

I have heard that L.E.D bulbs use less power therefore tricking the indicator sensors to run twice as fast indicating a blown bulb.

Id rather know beforehand so i dnt get into hassle trying to return and get a refund.

If anyone has any info please let me know

Cheers.

5_door owner
12-02-05, 04:05 PM
dont put any on, it'll look smoother. but if you are puttin them on i cant see why it wouldnt work as usual

Jack
13-02-05, 12:56 AM
dont put any on, it'll look smoother. but if you are puttin them on i cant see why it wouldnt work as usual
I think hes' talking about replacing the front indicator bulbs rather than putting on some side repeaters?

Hmmm... afaik as long as you get proper 12v LED car bulbs you should be ok. I'm thinking of getting some for the Celica.

Aragorn
13-02-05, 01:06 PM
you are correct the flasher unit is designed to take a 2x2x21w load

if u fit led's to the front cluster it will be like simply having a blown bulb there as the LED's draw so little power

u could possibly get away with fitting a large (20W) heatsinked resistor in paralell with your LED bulbs, to draw 21W at 12v u need 1.75ohms of resistance

however finding a 1.75ohm resisitor thats capable of dissapating 20W isnt going to be easy so just leave the std bulbs right where they are