PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel

pez
25-03-02, 01:13 PM
will somebody please tell me how 2 get the steering wheel of my nova sr as i am trying 2 fit a new shape dash i know there is a special tool but is there any other way 2 get it off

wisewood
25-03-02, 02:04 PM
undo the bolt in the middle then tighten it back on a couple of turns (so it dont smack you in the face.) then just heave and pull and push and pull and tug and pull and eventually it will come off.

EVENTUALLY.

Anonymous
25-03-02, 02:19 PM
or you could try opening the boot and tying some rope round the wheel and fix the rope to another car lmfao

in the end i found loosening it with a hammer worked better

i am on the save for loads of mods

GR
25-03-02, 02:32 PM
read 'wheel off' in technical forum.

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

jkhilton
27-03-02, 11:21 AM
ick, that is what me and Rick Draper did with mine!!! we attached a tow rope to the steering wheel and the other end to a transit van!!! very amusing, the wheel didn't come off, but the front of the car lifted up and the van was doing a burnout on my drive!!!! doh!! we gave up after bending the steering wheel!!!

Soon to have a Turbo!! but what kind?!?!??

sparky
27-03-02, 08:42 PM
Done this loads of times and it's easy, undo the bolt but leave it on so you don't smack yourself in the mooey, then take hold of the top of the steering wheel just above each spoke, and shake vigorousley, it will loosen fairly quickley.