PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster Show

wisewood
26-03-02, 03:12 PM
Well, i was considering going anyway since its only 20 minutes from me i thought i might as well...

BUT, a bloke i know is going there setting up a stall selling rockets (the ones that launch about 1000ft) and huge kites and loads of other stuff like that... SO... he asked me if i fancy helping him that weekend so i get free entry, and he says he will make sure i get at least half of each day free to wander round. YEAY.
Getting in for free, and being paid for being in there. How good is that.

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

jkhilton
26-03-02, 03:48 PM
hmmm....... rockets for sale........that gives me an idea!!! I have a rolling shell on my drive, I could attach loads of rockets to it and have the first rocket powered nova!!! anyone fancy a race! lmao! :D

Soon to have a Turbo!! but what kind?!?!??

wisewood
27-03-02, 10:05 AM
DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH MATES BIRDS...
It gets very complicated.

And John... The rockets only burn for the equivalent of 1000 feet straight up - maybe 1500 on the ground.
At about a grand each - its a bit expensive to start strapping them onto your nova - dont ya think??
:D:D
Sorry to urinate on your bonfire like that mate.

TunaFish is the way forward... you mark my words. :D

jkhilton
27-03-02, 11:15 AM
lol!! there was me thinking I could build a drag strip rocket powered racer! oh well, something else will turn up! :D

The wheels look really good with the colour of your car sy. What do you mean your bird took your nova??? not the yellow one??? oh and the shell has gone now, my dad phoned me at work and said he is sick of it and had it towed away!! X-( so I now officially have no car and my old GSI has been crushed!!!

simon@novaheaven
27-03-02, 01:00 PM
But my mates bird is an absolute stunner! Well worth the hassle i reckon. she has asked me to go move in with them :O i know it sound wierd!

yeah i had a silver sr that i bought for me and my girlfriend to use. I got the new shell at xmas and put the deposit down on a clio and so i gave it her to use full time and now we have split up she still has the car!

You still not found an MR2 yet John!

Simon

jkhilton
27-03-02, 01:05 PM
not yet, I want a bright red GT T-bar turbo. I wont settle for anything less!!! the only problem is, every other fucker in the country that is after an MR2 also wants that one, so they all sell really fast!!! Hopefully I will get one on Friday or Saturday this week, the cash is waiting if anyone knows of any decent ones!!!

simon@novaheaven
27-03-02, 01:33 PM
I was in that Lexus IS200 last night in Bury and a lad was trying to get me to race him in an MR2 Turbo but i just left him to it.

If i get 1 more point on my licence ill not be able to get the free insurance on this clio next week and ive had my other 5 points whilst cruising in bury!

It was a wicked car though. I read on the net someone does 3.0 twin turbo conversions from the supra into the IS lexus. That would be mean!!

jkhilton
27-03-02, 01:55 PM
nice!! I can imagine an IS200 with that sort of power! my brothers old boss has got a GS300, it is fast as fcuk and has the best dials I have ever seen!! they are all little TFT style screens as far as I could tell!!!!