PDA

View Full Version : Fog and Reverse

Mitchybee
11-02-05, 05:12 PM
Just got my lights through i bought a few weeks ago, they are the all read ones, they look great, but the reverse and fog are the wrong way around!!

how can i fix this?

Jack
11-02-05, 05:23 PM
If they're all red, how can you have the fog and reverse the wrong way round? :?

Mitchybee
11-02-05, 05:35 PM
Well, the fog is white when on, and the reverse is red when on, they have mirrors or something in them i guess?

Al Wilson
11-02-05, 06:55 PM
Different coloured bulbs may work?

Either that or if, as you say they are coloured internally, you could re-wire the lights for the other way - I don't think there is a rule on which side which has to be??? They are both independant circults linked to a common earth - swapping the wires should solve the problem. (Haynes will have what colour they are - I can't remember off the top of my head)

Al

Mitchybee
11-02-05, 07:21 PM
How hard is it to rewire the lights then? so they are the other way around?

Snowface
11-02-05, 11:03 PM
have you swapped the light casing or the whole bulb cluster/wires?

if your light's are all red then it won't make a difference as the reversing Lamp will come on when you are in reverse and the fog lamp will come on when you turn it on.

I can't see how they can magically swap over to the other side of the car? when the light casings are all red it shouldn't make a diff.

Mitchybee
12-02-05, 12:39 AM
No, the lights havent switched over, its the lences, the fog light side, has a silver mirror or something inside and it shines white, and on the reverse side, there is a red mirror i guess? and it shines red...

Snowface
12-02-05, 12:41 AM
i see, hmm...

Jack
12-02-05, 01:18 AM
Either that or if, as you say they are coloured internally, you could re-wire the lights for the other way - I don't think there is a rule on which side which has to be???
No can do - afaik MOT states if one foglight it has to be drivers side (not sure how Pug 206's get past that one then...).

You could just stick a red bulb in the reverse side and wire them up to be twin fog? You don't need a reverse light to pass MOT...

Ste_Nova
12-02-05, 11:25 AM
fog can be middle, right, both

but not left

Stuart
12-02-05, 06:47 PM
me thinks you got sent EURO clusters ;) lol

Jack
13-02-05, 01:00 AM
me thinks you got sent EURO clusters ;) lol
Thats what I was going to say, but they're red..... Euro Red Clusters then i suppose :lol:

polly
13-02-05, 11:27 AM
i wonder wud they have come off a left hand drive??

Mitchybee
13-02-05, 06:08 PM
Yeah, i was also thinking this, i might just get a red bulb then, is it east to wire them up as twin fogs?

Jack
13-02-05, 06:14 PM
This (http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/mods/euroclusters/twin_fog/b_step1.gif) diagram may help; courtesy of Topbuzz. The full guide can be found here (http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/mods/euroclusters/eurocluster.htm).