PDA

View Full Version : shocking shockers n sh*ty springz

alxlaw
11-02-05, 01:12 PM
ok iv been a t**t again av got a "m8" who iv been buyin vertually all the parts for ma nova n bits for the 1.6, n he's been pritty good wid it all, now iv got anuva mate (beleive it or not :D ), who wanted to lower his 1.2 i so i said buy the part of this guy i know and ill fit em............then the truble started, the front shockers he'd sold this guy were all bent up at the top????, one of them was missin both locationg threads (the bits that poke out the top in the engine bay), is there anything i can do, iv been to a scrappy and baut two of them but every time i go to put em in and try to tighten the nut it just spins in the socet, im runnin out of ideas , the guy who baut the stuff wants to go round and break the other guys legs coz he sold him 4X15" cav wheels with two punctures and the shockers sound f**ked now aswell all for the grand toatal of ?180 any way ill be amaised iv any one understands my dislexic gabble....

Adam
11-02-05, 07:03 PM
:?
I ain't got a clue of what you are trying to do mate, fit shocks?
what is spinning round???

Bung me some full stops in, and make a few paragraphs and i will have another read :wink:

rysmee
11-02-05, 07:23 PM
you mean your missing the top mounts i assume?????
thing is without the top mount the spring wont be held on to the shock, so somethings not right!
Basically, above the spring you should have the mount which is made up of loads of bits- namely the with the two studs that stick up through in to the engine bay. so all you need to do is go to a scrappy- undo the two nuts in the engine bay, then undo the two 19 mm nuts at the bottom of the shock, and it should fall out! getting the mount off is the hard bit, and if you dont know what your doing.. you'll hurt yourself, so this is where is stop.

Aragorn
11-02-05, 10:53 PM
you will need spring compressors and a gooseneck spanner to allow you to undo the 19mm nut while holding the damper rod steady

if u dont have the right tools then i suggest taking the car to a garage and asking them to take the topmounts off the existing shocks and fit them to the new lowering kit

if u want to do it yourself get a haynes manual and read the part on disassembling and reassembling the front strut

alxlaw
18-02-05, 12:23 PM
thx fellas dun it now :lol: