PDA

View Full Version : what should i do.......?

macca_novasr
22-03-02, 07:30 PM
ok, heres the situation:

i ordered my bodykit from carisma on 28th January, but i still aint recieved it. its really starting to p*ss me off now, everytime i fone up they say it will be here next week etc..etc and it never is!

so....what can i do? are there any laws regarding delivery time? anyone else had this problem? if so, what did ya do?

im considering reporting them to trading standards - what d'ya reckon......?

Jim
22-03-02, 11:05 PM
phone them up and say you want your bodykit this week or your money back. Say if you don't recieve either thenyou'll have no choice to phne trading standards. That usually gets them into gear. If they still don't delivery the goods/cash then phone trading standards and see what they suggest.

Good luck, Jim.

phatt_nova
23-03-02, 12:26 AM
had similar problem before, being nice wont work you need to be cunnigly offensive and contact trading standards first and they will give ya some advice before u nail the muppet on the other end of the phone!

jkhilton
23-03-02, 11:37 AM
similar thing with the garage that did my car, the only thing that got them to even start work was to send a solicitors letter!! I know it's not quite that bad with your bodykit yet, but worth bearing in mind if they don't come up with anything.

Soon to have a Turbo!! but what kind?!?!??

ade
23-03-02, 03:51 PM
Use trading standards, then a solicitor, then the local press in their area (companies hate bad publicity). January's months ago. They've either spent yer dosh and are fobbing you off or have genuinely cocked up. The former has happened to me in the past. How much did you pay them?
Perhaps it might be worth setting up an "avoid at all costs" forum on this site, where Nova owners who have received bad service can let everyone else know - save it happening to others. I'll certainly not be using Carisma. It's not like modding is cheap at the best of times to have someone rip you off!

oh now, that it interesting!

macca_novasr
23-03-02, 08:09 PM
ok, thanx for the advice. im going to phone trading standards on Monday. See what they say/suggest. i'll let ya know how i get on!

when i fone them, they claim its been on back order and there sending orders out now, but theres a lot to get through. What pisses me off most is that i hav spent a lot of money (?400). and thats another story-originally when i ordered it, i did it through the internet (big mistake) and i checked my bank account the following day, and they had taken ?490. Ring them up - "oh yeah sorry sir, the 0 must hav been mistaken for a 9, we will refund it straight away". took them a week to do that!

the reason i ordered it form them is coz i thought they would be reliable. i avoided cc motorsport coz ive heard really bad things about them, but these seem just as bad.

I totally agree with you ade, setting up an "avoid at all costs" forum would be a good idea. So far ive ordered stuff from a couple of different companies and the only one ive been pleased with are demon Tweeks. they deliver when they say they will and dont overcharge you or mess you around. Peter Maiden are pretty good as well. carisma and larkspeed are very much on my hitlist. AVOID THESE AT ALL COSTS!

thanx for the help guys!

Macca

adam5
23-03-02, 11:09 PM
not a good idea to put an avoid all costs forum. whilst it would be usefull novaload.net could get in some serious sh!t for sl"ggin off companys.

Fester
24-03-02, 02:54 AM
surely you cant get in trouble for posting the truth i.e. "I ordered X product from Y company and it took Z months to sort it" nowt wrong there i dont see

hasnt this issue been brought up before? summat to do with CC and clear rear clusters

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

ade
24-03-02, 10:27 AM
theres actually a legal law thing that says a company taking internet payments MUST dispatch the goods to you within so many days or something before deducting it from your bank. Its a legal transaction thing (I can't for the life of me think where I saw it - check under online payments in google) When yo go to a store and but stuff money changes immediately so there is no issue but on the internet because you cant see the stuff youre buying, they have to send it to you 1st before deducting the cash - then your bank hold it for x number of days to ensure that you have received goods before releasing the dosh to the company. This is to stop people being ripped off. If you have still not got the goods I'd call your bank and insist on a full refund (indemnity claim). They may ask you to prove it (you have no receipt) so if you have the confirmation order number or some kind of transaction slip from the site show them that. If your card has internet security fraud protection on it (most have nowadays) you'll get yer monry back and the bank will hunt em down like dogs!

Shouldn't be issues with avoid at all costs as long as you post the truth - a simple form would do - bought x from y cost z delivery and arrived aa days/weeks/months later in ab condition - or something like that.

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

macca_novasr
24-03-02, 05:34 PM
thanx ade, as i said im phoning trading standards tomorrow, so i'll see what they say about the above as well.i'll let ya know what happens!

the reason i said making an avoid at all cost forum would be a good idea is not to slag comapnys off, it would be intended to stop others from making mistakes that i/we hav made. i know people who hav been very unsatisfied with kingdom developments and they decided to boycott their message board! i wouldnt go that far, but a forum would be helpful to others! anyway...they deserve it!

dave.gsi
24-03-02, 08:19 PM
phew, i was gonna buy my clusters from cc motorsport but they never bothered 2 answer the phone. got em at ABP Motorsport in the end (the best place i've shopped at)+ its five mins away. i steer clear of deemon tweeks now cos there overpricing bastards. they were expensive last year but 90% of the stuff in the new catalogue has gone up buy at least a tenner. plus, if you wanna get some cobra monacos they'll set you back ?110 each in the road catalogue, look in the motorsport one and there ?90 each. how the fcuk's that work?????

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk

blondie
25-03-02, 10:26 AM
carisma dont take the money till theyve sent you the shit though, I had same prob with them with clear clusters. Quote their customer satisfaction guarantee that they put on their site and the one about letting you know if something is on back order. They never tell you they are twats.

macca_novasr
27-03-02, 09:06 AM
Rang trading standards yesterday. they said the best thing to try was to write them a letter. So i sent them an email (being politely abusive :D ) and threatening legal action if they dont deliver by end of next week. got a reply saying there computer system had crashed and that was why it had taken so long (load of bollox i reckon!). they seemed very polite and were apologising.

8:00am this morning, they arrived. about to fit them later. I also mentioned to the manager (who i emailed) about what it said on their website, he claimed he wasnt aware it said that and he wasnt responsible.

so there we go people, theres my story about the wonderful trading of carisma :D