PDA

View Full Version : steering weels

joeontherun
10-02-05, 04:59 PM
hi guys i was was looking through ebay when i came across some really nice looking steering weels.

I was wondering does these steering weels fit or will there need to be attachments ill give a few pictures for examples.

They seem really cheap but i think they would go with my new interier as i dont like the origonal one.

Its just the digi dash looks great and i think the original does look abit tacky with all my new seats in and door cards.

M3 F-16 Carbon Style Steering Wheel
http://www.boomspeed.com/melissaseow/F16Carbon.JPG

R-Speed Champion Sport Steering Wheel
http://www.boomspeed.com/melissaseow/RSpeedMillenium.jpg

steering wheel kan in yellow an silver leather
http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/63/a2/ed_1_b.JPG

thanks....

DrivingSpanner
10-02-05, 05:19 PM
You'll need to buy an adaptor plate , they usually cost someware around ?30 and would be needed for just about any aftermarket wheel.

matt

Hughsie II
10-02-05, 06:58 PM
Have fun removing your old steering wheel if you buy a new one :lol:

Chris
10-02-05, 07:02 PM
with a steering wheel puller, only cost around a tenner

Chris

Jack
10-02-05, 07:04 PM
Or make one yourself if you've got a few old bolts lying around.

Nick
10-02-05, 07:10 PM
I've found that steering wheel wise, you pay for quality.

i.e if they are cheap, they'l all be PVC fake leather, and not real leather.

my OMP one at ?80 is only just acceptable quality for me, any cheaper than that n i found they were badly made.

Riggy
10-02-05, 08:30 PM
lol ive just won a snap off boss for ?41 of ebay im well chuffed local aswell so will have it tomorrow :lol:

ade
10-02-05, 10:55 PM
aye - adapter plate/boss for a nova (about ?30-?40 - halfords do them) and some brute strength to get the old one offf.

Word of warning - to save you losing a few teeth, when you losen the old wheels centre nut (under the horn pad) put it back on a turn or two.

That way when it pings off and the spring forces it back towards your head at great speed, the nut will stop you losing your nose, teeth and other facial bits.

I bent my old nova steering wheel with a tyre iron trying to get mine off!

:o

Matt Nova
10-02-05, 11:08 PM
i bent old steerin wheel trying to get it off so paid vauxhall a tenner to do it for me (lazy i know)

but now the new one dosen't wanna come off

bloody novas

anyone got a link for a puller?

Jack
11-02-05, 12:37 AM
Draper sell one. Should be able to pick it up at your local motor factors for about ?10-15

joeontherun
11-02-05, 12:39 AM
thanks guys sortoff understand what i need now cheers for helping ;)

m.d.
11-02-05, 12:44 AM
i went to vauxhall to ask them to take my old steering wheel off my old car. they snapped there puller trying lol.

Rexy
11-02-05, 01:24 AM
Easiest way i found to remove the steering wheel is to firstly loosen the Nut, making sure it still has some thread to prevent facial damage.

Get your self a hammer and a long bar, Put the bar onto the steering coloum and give it a whack. Because the spring behind is pushing on to the steering wheel it shocks and loosens the splines and so will pop off.

This is how i've done it a few times and it worked for me each time.

Just another idea for ya. . .

novamadcars
11-02-05, 05:25 AM
i got my boss for my nova off ebay for 6 quid not bad aye

Phil_G
11-02-05, 10:31 AM
seem to recall that you run the risk of damaging the steering column if you actually hit it too hard so be careful using that method.

Cheers

Phil

scott.parker
11-02-05, 11:37 AM
Draper sell one. Should be able to pick it up at your local motor factors for about ?10-15 Um yeah they make one that's ment to fit :lol:

I spent hours addapting it to make it fit properly :roll: grinder wheel needed :!:

Scott

Rexy
11-02-05, 01:21 PM
seem to recall that you run the risk of damaging the steering column if you actually hit it too hard so be careful using that method.

Cheers

Phil

Yeah, Forgot to mention that bit... DONT GET CARRIED AWAY AND BASH HELL OUTTA IT.

lol

Nick
11-02-05, 06:02 PM
hitting it in any form will compress the column.

it's meant to compress slightly, in a crash i think.

So buy hitting it, it'l compress it, meaning the UJ catches on the shaft.

And to solve it is a real bugger, you've ideally got to reset the whole column, or adjust the UJ intill it clears.

Mine still makes a bit of a clicking noise now and again