PDA

View Full Version : Mission Impossible - break into work.

wisewood
22-03-02, 09:25 AM
Not really on topic - but anyway.
At work we have a swipe card system to get access around the building - problem is the system controlling the doors etc. is going crazy. Added to the fact that i have lost my ID card it makes it very difficult for me to go anywhere in the building, and then get back again.

So, yesterday i decided to try a little james bond while nobody was around.
I took out my credit card, and placed it gently against the mechanism on top of the door and pulled on the door - bingo... instant access, and the light on the swipe mechanism thing never came on, so the security staff have no idea the door was opened. Very handy to know if you ask me.
Finally i can get into the upstairs offices after 5pm to get stationary if i need it, as my ID badge didn't have access as thats where the big bosses work.

Also, could be handy to gain access to the 13 million in wines, spirits and beers we keep stocked in the warehouse. hmmm...
anyone got a big van?

simon@novaheaven
22-03-02, 10:16 AM
Ive got a 2.8 td Merc Sprinter, Let me know where and when ;) lol.

GR
22-03-02, 12:10 PM
If only your boss could see this post :D

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

http://www.vpcc.co.uk/images/logo.jpg

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

wisewood
22-03-02, 01:57 PM
they probably can... they probably have all the key strokes logged - and maybe even some screen prints...

on second thoughts, if they knew how much i am on here surely they would have blocked the site like they did with the FHM site...

They wont know... and even if they did i would just deny all knowledge like i did when the college i was at accused me of hacking their network. No CCTV, No proof i said... Kinda wee wee'd on their bonfire while they were going, but it was done from your user ID and the computer you were found sitting at 20 minutes later... AHAHAHA... no cctv, no proof. nobody can proove i was sitting there at the time it was done.

jkhilton
22-03-02, 03:47 PM
I've got a van!! with my van and sy's van, I'm sure we could make a few quid!!! :)

Soon to have a Turbo!! but what kind?!?!??

Stuart
22-03-02, 05:58 PM
ill make a mint from the reward :D lmao

Im a Corporate tart :D

NOVAMERIT
23-03-02, 11:46 AM
my uncle has a 40ft trailor? can i be part of the great booze robbery?! :D

[-flash.gif-]

ade
23-03-02, 03:58 PM
hope your work doesn't have hidden cctv. Any company that has swipe access usually has hidden cctv around the place or some other devious method of trapping its employees! My old job had swipe access and you used to be able to get in the place with old train tickets whenever you forgot your pass (used to be able to use them in ATM machines too - alegedly!) however the hidden cctv caught some guy posing as a maintenance engineer lifting a couple of computers. Unknown to those of us who used the train tickets, everytime the doors were opened out of normal hours, the bloody thing activated the cctv, a log was recorded and the guy was nabbed red handed.
Couldn't deny it when the police turned up by the loading bay doors to help him load his catch in his van!

ade

oh now, that it interesting!

wisewood
25-03-02, 10:35 AM
i know where all the camera's are... none in any of the offices but there are one at each end of every idle in the warehouse... but i also know where the control boxes are for them - so that wouldn't be a problem.

But anyway - as if i would steal from work... the 60 year old security guard is enough to scare me off.