PDA

View Full Version : Max power out

Clutch
09-02-05, 06:08 PM
How much Bhp is possible to take out from the engine E16SE with out a diferent kind a injeccion (carbs or TBD)????

mowgli
09-02-05, 07:11 PM
the works rally cars had about 155bhp

Philsutton
09-02-05, 07:19 PM
personally i cant see getting much more than 120bhp with standard management on

Clutch
09-02-05, 09:21 PM
personally i cant see getting much more than 120bhp with standard management on

So let me see if i understand, if i put:

- Pistons, con-rods, crank-shaft, fly-whell all light;
- Camshaft;
- Bigger valves;
- Ported and polish head;
- Bigger inlet manifold canals;
- Bigger throtlle body;
- 4-1 Exhaust manifold, 50mm direct tube and back box;
- FSE pressure valve;
- K&N induction kit;

Max power out 120 Bhp?????????????? :x :x :x

Philsutton
09-02-05, 09:41 PM
hate to say this but the best way to get more power to go twin carbs/throttle bodies, i know its not what you want to hear but thats my opinion

Stuart
09-02-05, 09:48 PM
the rally cars on std inlet get about 150iish bhp from it, but they have mega compression ratios etc to make up for it.

if your feeling daring go for it with modding the inlet manfold

maxpaine
09-02-05, 11:15 PM
if you chip it put forge pistons e camshafts aand valves the thing from the list you can put 150 on you car probably then its time for a turbo conversion :P

trothel bodys help much

~
and now

onde compraste o raio dos farois traseiros tuv do teu corsa pa precisava de saber -.-

Alex
10-02-05, 02:28 PM
/\ /\

is that asking where he bought his rear lights from? :)

alistairolsen
10-02-05, 08:37 PM
- Pistons, con-rods, crank-shaft, fly-whell all light; Will have no effect on power at all, just make the engine more rev happy, unless you raise the riv limit you wont gain anything

- Camshaft; A few increases, but not as much as you might think

- Bigger valves; IIRC the valves in the 1600 are quite big anyway, making them too big isnt a great idea either

- Ported and polish head; porting will help, mostly to clean up poor casting, polishing has negligeable effects but looks nice

- Bigger inlet manifold canals; How do you intend to achieve this exactly??

- Bigger throtlle body; Fair enough

- 4-1 Exhaust manifold, 50mm direct tube and back box; It will be very loud, again, a bit more power

- FSE pressure valve; Why do people still list these as performance items??

- K&N induction kit; lots of noise, not much quicker.

The works rally cars ran a heavily modified ecu, 11.5: compression which is almost certainly dodgy on todays pump fuels, bigger injectors IIRC, and a 7.5k rev limit to get 150 brake. What you have to remember tho is that to get there they sacraficed idle quality and low down driveability for power above 4k.

Also by the time you pay for the chip, injectors, throttle body etc, you may as well go with carbs, or home build throttle bodies.

maxpaine
10-02-05, 09:17 PM
exaust mainfold its better 4-2-1

Stuart
10-02-05, 10:12 PM
a 4-2-1 wont give you as much top end power as a 4-1 BUT the 4-1 will lose you more low down torque. Swings and roundabouts really as you will hardly notice.

you can fettle the intake manifold but it costs. you use abrasive fluids to slowly "mill" out the tracts.

Will has a "rally" spec 1.6 on the injection manifold and CP recons it easily feels as fast as a T40'd engine and it does idel nicely despite having a lairy as fcuk cam lol

Snowface
10-02-05, 11:04 PM
in my experiance a 4-1 is best on bigger engines where they can afford to loose a bit of torque around the 3k band.

my 1.3 drives a lot better with a 4-2-1 sr manifold on than a Janspeed 4-1.

4-2-1 at 3k rpm there is loads more torque, literally!

the 4-1 has a massive flat spot at 3-4.2k but after 4.5 k rpm it picks up and it does feel as though there is more power at around 5k rpm than the 4-2-1.

When i get the 1.6 in i'll most likely use the 4-1.

One thing that might help when using the Janspeed 4-1 on the 1.3 is if i had a full Janspeed system.

At the moment i'm using a standard middle section and the Janspeed manifold has a larger diameter pipe than the 4-2-1.

Where as the 4-2-1 manifold is the same diameter pipe all the way through to exit.

maxpaine
11-02-05, 01:24 AM
but its need to know what kind of performace he wants
if its fot all speeds or low speeds.