PDA

View Full Version : now look whats happened now :-(

MattNova
09-02-05, 09:26 AM
could anything else possibly go wrong :(

http://img240.exs.cx/img240/619/picture77pu.th.jpg (http://img240.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img240&image=picture77pu.jpg)

last week i posted up that my car was on the way out and that the clutch was on its way out...well on my way home last night, going down the A38, it decided to go all together :evil:
i was driving along at round about 80mph and the revs dipped drastically then shot up, i knew what had happened straight away, i gradually lost speed and stopped right next to a "parking 1/4 miles". so i then pushed it to the parking space and as my handbreak has also gone it wouln't (of course) stay in place as it was on a slight decline, so i got out and put my steel toe-cap boots under the back wheels.
1hr later i was being towed home. i have spoke with m mechanic and he cant fit me in untill thurs, so ive got a few days without my car :(

could i have any more bad shit happen to me with this car?!?!?! :(

srs1
09-02-05, 10:55 AM
and there was me thinking someone stole your front bumper.

these things happen to cars mate.
if you knew it was on its way out, you should have replaced it.
"prevention is better then the cure"

dunova
09-02-05, 11:02 AM
Oooohhh afew days-my cars been off the road for 2 weeks!!!! :roll:

Gearbox went without any warning atall. Fitted new clutch and gearbox on the weekend and am literally just about to go out and fit the starter motor and driveshafts and jobs a good'un!! Hopefully :?

Nova's really can be a pain in the arse and sometimes and i really hate my car and want to go at it with a hammer. But when it's all up and running and having no problems it's a great car. Clutch isn't difficult mate, do it yourself :wink:

MattNova
09-02-05, 11:34 AM
well i had booked it into the garage for thursday to get it fixed, just a shame that it went before it went in. i know that im winging about just a few day when lots of people have to go a lot longer than that, one of my mates has just wrote off his car and wont be able to afford one for a while. its just annoying.
i know that i have not got it the worst, it just seems that evrything is all happening at the same time, with it getting stolen over christmas, scratched to fcuk, the side skirt getting ripped off now the clutch and handvreak aswell, its just a b4st4rd.
i also hate my
sometimes and i really hate my car and want to go at it with a hammer. But when it's all up and running and having no problems it's a great car. but i love it when its going well and all cleaned up, its just a shame to see it lookin so shitty at the moment.
never mind, come july time it ill be totally sorted and looking smart, with the full re-spray and the other mods ive got in mind, just seems a long time away.

boredbloke
09-02-05, 12:45 PM
See it must be those angel eyes....

guess u'll have to sell em to me.... :lol: :wink:

Philsutton
09-02-05, 01:29 PM
mine has been off the road for 4 months now, i seem to have the same sort of luck with cars or lack of it

~~joycey~~
09-02-05, 01:45 PM
i would'nt bother getting a new clucth! just strip the thing and buy another run-around and swap all the good stuff ova.

burgo
09-02-05, 06:46 PM
lol i thought his bumper had been stolen aswell, why havnt you got a front bumper?? and why havnt you bent your wing back out to put the indicator back in??

Riggy
09-02-05, 07:03 PM
unlucky mate but do the clutch yourself its really easy to dont even need to take the gearbox off :D

burgo
09-02-05, 07:08 PM
unlucky mate but do the clutch yourself its really easy to dont even need to take the gearbox off :D depending on what gearbox it is of course

5toprjepog
09-02-05, 07:29 PM
oh dear oh dear

peester
10-02-05, 12:03 AM
and there was me thinking someone stole your front bumper.

lol, funny as feck