PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 2 Installation

Mike2.0 16v
09-02-05, 09:10 AM
Hi Just asking if anyone out there knows the best/cost effective way of getting power to a playstation2 i've got a screen & everything else all i need is the power.
Any suggestions would be brilliant.

ps. My Nova got collected last night for all the shit to be put right

Mike[/img]

oggy
09-02-05, 09:31 AM
go to maplins and get a power converter, cost bout 25notes

flowlikewater
09-02-05, 11:58 AM
ive got a power inverter and it works a treat! where are you going to house your ps2?

theres also apparently a way to change some of the circitry in the ps2 (requires 2 welds) and you can run it off 12V without an inverter. but this may go wrong if you get the 2 wires wrong. thats why i went for an inverter.

Mike2.0 16v
09-02-05, 02:23 PM
Its going on to the passenger side parcel tray,
Ive got the old ps2 which has got the slide out drawer,

Tell me more about the mods2the ps2 so i can just plug it in.

Been told the converter from maplins runs a different sign wave
Is this true????

Cheers Lads & Lasse's

jkhilton
09-02-05, 10:43 PM
you can buy a new power circuit board for the ps2. I did this, it cost about ?10. you just unplug the original one and put the new modified one in, then just connect it up to a 12v power supply.

do a search online or phone a car audio place and they will be able to tell you where to get the board from.

John

Mike2.0 16v
10-02-05, 10:26 AM
John Have you got any more info about the board & is it only for the new ps2???? let me no will you champ...........

Got pic of my nova up now

flowlikewater
10-02-05, 11:43 AM
im still trying to find out bout the soldering.

i think sony actually do a 12V converter. i remember my girlfriend showing me in the argos catalog in the accessories parts for the ps2 only problem is its in a ?100 multi set. but you never know there may be some places that sell them individually. they plug straight into the fag lighter.

im happy with the inverter tho. havnt had any problems with the frequency yet (sign wave) there are loads of inverters available! i think you may actually be able to change the wave on some of them, but im not sure! i would check for you but im currently in the middle of wales, at uni and unable to get any where near a maplins or any other electrical shop right now. sorry!

im redoing my ice install and putting mu ps2 into the glovebox. it needed abit of cuting and modin to get a good fit, but fits a treat now. still tring to find a mad way to mount the screens!!! will be good tho.

jkhilton
14-02-05, 09:15 AM
John Have you got any more info about the board & is it only for the new ps2???? let me no will you champ...........

Got pic of my nova up now

I got mine from AutoAudio in Manchester. It's for the original PS2.