PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 TD Nova's, what do you think?

un1eash
08-02-05, 07:37 PM
Just thort i'd see what people think of TD nova's. No1 talks about them on here, would you have one or do you hate them?

Philsutton
08-02-05, 07:41 PM
i would certainly have one as a run around an everyday use, but i would put it on a track

Rexy
08-02-05, 07:46 PM
:P TD novas are awesome...

Shame they only rev to about 4k tho... Mine was well kool till she rotted to bits and some skally put her threw a fence.

mikey14sr
08-02-05, 07:51 PM
perform like an SR but get 45-50mpg, great for going around the country collecting parts. And the later one's are reputed to have the same shell as GSI's (made from 1.8mm steel instead of 1.6mm?)

Philsutton
08-02-05, 07:55 PM
they have a few other gsi bits on as well

Adam
08-02-05, 08:05 PM
And best of all they have the word "TURBO" in the model name :P

They are decent engines mate, not bad performance, and high mpg. And its easy to tweek the boost etc to improve performance/
Trouble is, you don't see many about.

LukeManic
08-02-05, 08:09 PM
i have a 1.5TD K reg.

Its a great car, cant praise the engine enough to be fair - its great on fuel and once shes opened up shes very quick I think.

Really recommend them :)

burgo
08-02-05, 08:26 PM
i want one end of !!

Chris
08-02-05, 08:38 PM
I have one which I havent driven on the road yet but just had a little drive round my industrial estate and seems ok. I am looking forward to getting it on the road, but all my time and money are going into the 16v one at the moment

Chris

te17@novasgonemad
09-02-05, 12:05 AM
ive got one( revs up to 4k my ass m8)

very very quick with the right mods very easy to do a 1.7 td change

strengthened top mounts and other places plus running gsi system as std
im running 16psi boost at the moment now that its fixedupped fueling yet agai a piece of pish

great for all your car stereo as it has a huge alternator as stdand if its ticking over about 1.2k then doesnt sound very lumpy or shakey

ive got a 2" straight pipe with a stainless cherry bomb on the back and its real bassy when the engine is under strain or decelerating

bad sides are the black boot panel all the time and continuously dirty engine bay but that nothing lots of cleaning cant fix perfect for towing when needed or anything to be moved as low down torque

easily pulls away in second without gas and even third with clutch slipping
never wanted a diesel but its more powerful than what i would have got for the same insurance money that i paid and the best bit with them is there still a nova

cheers richard

un1eash
09-02-05, 01:25 PM
Everyone i know takes the p*** because i have a 1.5TD untill they drive in it. Ive had mine for 2 years now and it still goes like anything, beats SR's all day long. I'm gonna be sad to see it go but i'll be selling it in a month as ive got a mint MK1 MR2 1.6 16V TwinCam sitting in the garage. Would love to keep both but cant afford 2 cars!!

raza
09-02-05, 02:07 PM
good cars and ace on fuel .. wunt mind one my self

onephatnova
09-02-05, 11:02 PM
yeah, i like 'em... :)

i been after one for a while and i've actually just bought one tonight 8)

morrie
10-02-05, 03:28 PM
Yeah, there well quick. mate had one, hes tryin to get his hands on another!

raza
10-02-05, 03:36 PM
theres one for sale now near me for ?250 ono 2 monthes tax 4 monthes mot looks not in bad nick bit of rust on arches and been owned by a 18 year old lad so prob been ragged on 12000 miles but still not a bad price

morrie
10-02-05, 03:45 PM
Aye, that sounds good. theres not many kickin round up here.