PDA

View Full Version : eBay 'For Sale' links

Fester
08-02-05, 06:52 PM
Do you think eBay 'For Sale' links are a problem as long as they stay in the correct forum?

Nick
08-02-05, 07:02 PM
no they are not at all fester.

personally i'd rather see more people trading over Ebay,

as that way if you get ripped off, or don't recieve payment e.t.c then your coveredby small claims court.

trading just generally over the internet is dodgy, unless your collecting. because you never know what sort of person you are dealing with ?

Fester
08-02-05, 07:04 PM
I agree I don't think there is a problem :!:

?Marty?
08-02-05, 07:07 PM
I think there is a problem. I know what e-bay is, and i know where to find it.

epo
08-02-05, 07:13 PM
there no problem in any forum imo as long as people put in the title ebay link
that way everone knows

Nick
08-02-05, 07:17 PM
yes, but it's hardly the end of the world if you click on a forsale link, and it's a link to an ebay auction.

epo
08-02-05, 07:27 PM
yes, but it's hardly the end of the world if you click on a forsale link, and it's a link to an ebay auction.

i think its to warn people who are at work that theres an ebay link so they dont get in trouble

Will
08-02-05, 07:29 PM

not everyone can afford to spend 12 hrs a day surfing novaload ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack
08-02-05, 07:34 PM
Ebay is one of the sites thats blocked where I work, so its a pain when people link to it... I'm too impatient to wait til I get home :lol:

Philsutton
08-02-05, 07:45 PM
i think you should be able to as the stuff i put on ebay is normally relevent to this forum

Will
08-02-05, 07:56 PM
Ebay is one of the sites thats blocked where I work, so its a pain when people link to it... I'm too impatient to wait til I get home :lol:

just vnc onto your pc at home ;)

Jack
08-02-05, 07:58 PM
I used to, but the remote client has stopped being able to connect, and the firewall blocks the java browser version :cry:

burgo
08-02-05, 08:05 PM
no problem as far as im concerned

Mike.
08-02-05, 09:43 PM
i don't really see a problem with it iff its for parts or cars for sale, its irrelevent ebay links that do my head in

Ricks
08-02-05, 09:55 PM
i think u shud put a ebay area on this forum and ppl who want to look at stuff can and ppl who dont want to can just leave it alone.

General Baxter
08-02-05, 10:23 PM
i don't really see a problem with it iff its for parts or cars for sale, its irrelevent ebay links that do my head in

but some are funny, anybody remember that photo of the man selling that chrome kettle :wink:

Nick
08-02-05, 11:32 PM

yes that's funny... not

i don't spend 12 hours a day surfing novaload. i spent 8 hours a day at work. and 9 hours sleeping, do the maths.

General Baxter
08-02-05, 11:34 PM
7 hours on the bog :lol:

Glytch
09-02-05, 12:40 AM
I saw the invisible cloak off harry potter for sale on ebay a while back, it was just a picture of a coat hanger.

I think selling on ebay and on here is a good thing. I think all members could be given a discount.

If you dont have access to it in work, then anybody selling something on ebay should copy and paste the content into the post.

Any body remember the post: Worst modded nova ive ever seen on ebay?
Remember that bird that joined up just to give us all grief for slating it.
She was a right nutter!!!

Will
09-02-05, 10:52 AM

yes that's funny... not

i don't spend 12 hours a day surfing novaload. i spent 8 hours a day at work. and 9 hours sleeping, do the maths.

if i was your boss id love a report on your bandwidth use :lol:

Alex
09-02-05, 01:49 PM
why not Download the whole internet (http://www.fullclip.co.uk/ARCHIVES/internet.htm) onto your PC so you dont use any bandwidth

Will
09-02-05, 03:48 PM
why not Download the whole internet (http://www.fullclip.co.uk/ARCHIVES/internet.htm) onto your PC so you dont use any bandwidth

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris
09-02-05, 04:05 PM
quality alex

Glytch
09-02-05, 05:59 PM
PMSL@Alex :D

Im suprised this post hasnt been locked.

TBH I dont think its right, admin remove ebay links for a reason and I dont think its our place to start a partition against them.

They obviously know what theyre doing otherwise the site wouldnt be as good as it is.

Will
09-02-05, 11:20 PM
its not a like that its just ppls views on the subject... some of the admin are homos anyway (waits for ban, lmfao)

i think you should include the word "ebay" in the title then its up to the users of the site if they visit ;)

Jack
09-02-05, 11:33 PM
i think you should include the word "ebay" in the title then its up to the users of the site if they visit ;)
True... Altho its kinda annoying when ppl just post a link to ebay and thats it... a brief description of what it is so I know whether to waste my valuable pr0nwidth looking at it would be handy :wink: