PDA

View Full Version : Jim's spec.....

Nick
07-02-05, 09:18 PM
Could jim, or someone please post a link, or tell me what spec his 1.6 is.

As i'm finally getting round to colating all the bits for mine, and all the work i've got planned for it is a fair amount.

just wondering what jim has done, and what i would have to do to get anywhere near 168bhp.

i'm not hoping for that, but i'm hoping for 150-160bhp.

p.s, i've looked ion features and can't find his car

srs1
07-02-05, 09:20 PM
have a look in december on the calender

Nick
07-02-05, 09:24 PM
i havn't got a calander sean

but i'l try looking through the calendar post.

Philsutton
07-02-05, 09:31 PM
my brothers have near enough damn it the same spec spec as jim in there corsa, it made about 135bhp on the rollers but the chokes are odd so need changing.

Nick
07-02-05, 09:35 PM
and that spec is what......... ?

Philsutton
07-02-05, 09:43 PM
Right i'll try an remember but im sure i'll miss something out,
twin 40's,
1650 rebore an rebuilt bottom end,
lighten flywheel,
mild head work,
right im not sure what cam they have, i think its a ast2 (quite worrying really as i bought it them lol)
uprated valves springs an the like
helix organic clutch,
4 branch manifold,
arp bolts,
some vey expensive spark plugs,
an they have weber alpha management system to go at some point.
Ok it not exactly the same spec as jims but you get the idea

Nick
07-02-05, 09:46 PM
right that's mildly less than what i have planned. Thanks phil, it's helped a bit

Snowface
07-02-05, 10:42 PM
he's using a piper cam, not sure if its 285 or 300 though.

gotta remember that differenct roller's are going to pu out different figures.

not saying that Jim's isn't 168, but your mates rollers could be reading low for instance.

Philsutton
07-02-05, 10:46 PM
well they want to do some 1/4 miles this year so we can get a time, only thing is its a corsa an they are heavy to start with. I think they managed low 17s with the standard GTE engine last year, an that was a bit smokey joe

m.d.
07-02-05, 10:47 PM
300 cam i think

Chris
07-02-05, 10:54 PM
*cough* technical *cough*

Adam
07-02-05, 11:01 PM
This is jims engine spec i think, i saved it when he posted it a while back.

Engine: New pistons, ARP rod bolts, main bearings set replaced, new big end bearings. Con-rods have been de-seamed and shot peened. Head and block Chemically cleaned. Head and block skimmed to increase compression. Block has been re-bored to 1650cc. Crankshaft has been reground. B+ head with additional porting and polishing. Piper A13BP300H cam. Black Diamond clutch. Webber twin 40 carburettors with 34mm chokes. Polished trumpets. Two K&N bolt on air filters. Twin throttle linkage. Fuel pressure regulator. NGK Sparkplugs. Magnecor leads. Magnex 4-2-1 manifold with heat wrap. Centre exit stainless steel custom exhaust with oval tailpipe. F13 gearbox with 4.18 final drive. Griffith quick shift gear linkage. Aluminium water bottle and oil catch tank. Renault Clio windscreen washer bottle has been relocated to behind the bulkhead. Wiring has been hidden away as much as possible. New Gsi Radiator.

:+: :D

Snowface
07-02-05, 11:10 PM
didn't know Magnex did a 4-2-1. Thought it was just Lexmaul.

hmm...

burgo
07-02-05, 11:20 PM
right jims spec according to the calender is

new pistons, arp rod bolts, main bearing set replaced, new big end bearings. con-rods de-seemed and shot peened. head and block chemically cleaned. head and block skimmed to increase compression. block re-bored to 1650cc. reground crankshaft. B+ head with additional porting. piper A13BP300H cam. black diamond clutch. webber twin 40's with 34mm chokes. polished trumpets. k & n bolt on filters. twin throttle linkage. fuel pressure regulator. NGK sparkplugs. magnecor leads. magnex 4-2-1 manifold with heat wrap. centre exit exhaust

Adam
07-02-05, 11:26 PM
right jims spec according to the calender is

new pistons, arp rod bolts, main bearing set replaced, new big end bearings. con-rods de-seemed and shot peened. head and block chemically cleaned. head and block skimmed to increase compression. block re-bored to 1650cc. reground crankshaft. B+ head with additional porting. piper A13BP300H cam. black diamond clutch. webber twin 40's with 34mm chokes. polished trumpets. k & n bolt on filters. twin throttle linkage. fuel pressure regulator. NGK sparkplugs. magnecor leads. magnex 4-2-1 manifold with heat wrap. centre exit exhaust
So the one i saved is his spec then.
There must be a magnex 4-2-1

burgo
08-02-05, 12:08 AM
ok i didnt read all the way down big deal

Jules
08-02-05, 12:20 AM
And Magnex USED to do a 1.6 4 branch manifold - not anymore though.

Mike.
08-02-05, 09:22 AM
wouldn't it just of been easier to pm jim, or have you done that???

Adam
08-02-05, 11:11 AM
ok i didnt read all the way down big deal
:lol:

Ian
08-02-05, 02:26 PM
damn the tech section and jims pms must be bust!

Nick
08-02-05, 06:02 PM
i pmed jim regarding his cam and fuel pump set up a while ago..

i got no reply, so i'm not pming him again thankyou.

Sorry about technical/general, wasn't sure what to put it in, sorry !

Thanks burgo, I think the only thing i havn't got planned is the B+ head (but it's going to be worked by a formulae ford guy so it'l be nearly as good) and shotpeening the conrods.

Jim
09-02-05, 11:41 AM
Sorry, not been on for a while, PC died. I thought I pm'd you back regarding Cam and fuel pump :?:

Anyway, you have the info now. Again, apologies for not replying sooner.

Jim