PDA

View Full Version : Help finding new car!

krobinson
07-02-05, 07:12 PM
I've decided today i'm fed up driving the White nova as an everyday car. Its starting to look a bit tired, and instead of spending money making it nice, i'd rather buy something fresher.

I can insure anything up2 group 10. Want something low maintence, nippy (not a 1.2) and my maximum cashflow would have to be ?3k!

So, suggestions please! And i want something Small, reliable that looks nice to begin with. As the only mod's would be wheels/slight drop.

Keith

Nick
07-02-05, 07:16 PM
i think the newer shaped punto sportings, look excellent, not the brand new new shape, but the mk2 if you will

they are a 1.2, but suprisingly quick.

i want one, and they look really good with some nice wheels and a drop.

dan_mk1
306 dturbo?

Philsutton
how about a corsa 1.4 16v sport, being newer should have less problems an and im sure the insurance will be less than the sri's. Plus they are never enough damn a nova, use a lot of the same parts

Austin_Nova16
07-02-05, 07:24 PM
What about a ford KA. I've heard nothing but great things about these cars from many different people.

krobinson
07-02-05, 08:04 PM
I'm seriously thinking about a 1.4 16v tigra. They are group 11, so should still be able to insure it on my current policy, with the same benifits etc.

Its nippy, looks good, comfortable, sporty. Uses same parts and nova/corsa, so very easy worked on.

You might think "hairdressers car" but i recon -70mm on some anthercite softstars, it would look hard!

Keith

SKoob
07-02-05, 08:23 PM
1.3 series 1 106 Rallye in Black, chuck some white mo's on there, lower it a bit sensible exhaust and your done 8) Just try and find one though :lol:

peester
07-02-05, 08:32 PM
saxo vtr :wink:

Chris
07-02-05, 08:52 PM
1.3 series 1 106 Rallye in Black, chuck some white mo's on there, lower it a bit sensible exhaust and your done 8) Just try and find one though :lol:

No a series 2 Rallye, cheap cars and really fun, in white with black wheels

Chris

srs1
07-02-05, 09:18 PM
i agree with the tigra and the 106 rallye.
i am thinking of a tigra myself.

krobinson
07-02-05, 09:39 PM
I think its going to have to be a Tigra!

http://www.bankofchina.de/gallery/pics/bambix/Turbo%20Tigra%20Side.jpg

Keith

Nick
07-02-05, 09:44 PM
is it me, or does anyone else find the tigra's disgusting ?

they remind me of a omega front welded onto a honda CRX Del-sol.

althought, that one looks ok.

Philsutton
07-02-05, 09:46 PM
when ever i see a tigra i expect to see a nice blonde or a ragging homo driving it

krobinson
07-02-05, 10:05 PM
when ever i see a tigra i expect to see a nice blonde or a ragging homo driving it

Just like when people see a Nova, they expect to see a young chav driving!

Keith

Philsutton
07-02-05, 10:08 PM
yep

NickWalliams
07-02-05, 10:49 PM
Get a tigra and a skin tight pink vest, will be kool as then :lol:

On a serious note id go for something like a corsa sport. But if you cud stretch (alot) for insurance get a Vectra super touring car Awesome things!

Seen one in the trader for 3K white with the speedlines on it. :D

scott.parker
08-02-05, 02:06 AM
Well have you though about a Astra k3 late spec (p rege) or something,say 1.6 as there still verry cheap but a bit more better on space to haul shit! just a thought!

Or if not,i my self would recomend a PUG with an oil burner in,mine is ace no troble's what so ever,ask chris hes got a 205 DT and its fast as...

Scott

martweaver
08-02-05, 08:28 AM
Keith - where are you keeping all these cars mate - will this be no 4 ?? - nutter - i bet if you looked hard enough you could pick up a MK3 Astra GSI, Tigras do have better bodywork though!

Mart

krobinson
08-02-05, 07:53 PM
Keith - where are you keeping all these cars mate - will this be no 4 ?? - nutter - i bet if you looked hard enough you could pick up a MK3 Astra GSI, Tigras do have better bodywork though!

Mart

No, I'll sell the white nova, dont really want to since its still a superb car and has never let me down.

I need to stick with my current insurance policy as this company allowed me 3 years no claims for being a named driver. It also means i can drive other car's, which will make it easier to insure the blue Nova.

The policy will allow anything up to group 10, low group 11. So a Tigra is perfect, but a GSI Astra/cavalier isnt.

Keith

dan_mk1
08-02-05, 10:26 PM
A tigra is a group 11?! for the 1.4! thats madness! the clio is only a 12. I say 306 Dturbo, nippy enough, good mpg, handles well, cheap insurance/tax etc

scott.parker
09-02-05, 12:55 AM
A tigra is a group 11?! for the 1.4! thats madness! the clio is only a 12. I say 306 Dturbo, nippy enough, good mpg, handles well, cheap insurance/tax etc

Well mate i couldnt agree more,owning this pug van has made me think alot about pugs then ever,though i still know there electrics is shat,lol..my dash lights dont work..

But i would consider another pug before anyother car if i wer to upgrade,as my van is good on MPG,and it go's really well..

Diesels rule :wink:

Scott

benji
09-02-05, 01:01 AM
new shape clio 14.16v. 51 reg after the facelift they are around that price now. get a dynamique in black