PDA

View Full Version : RIP Nova SR

nova_kev
07-02-05, 01:33 PM
oh dear!!

last night (sunday), was driving down stapleford lane in nottingham on my way to tescos when i noticed a car had stoped halfway down the hill. the car in front of me broke hard (harder than required as he locked up) which made me jump on my brakes. Now for some reason when i jumped on my brakes the back end decided to overtake the front and send me down the hil sideways towards a 4 tonne army lorry :cry: :cry:

needless to say there aint much left of her and i would consider myself to be lucky to be alive. I got away with a disloctaed shoulder, 6 stitches in my knee, concussion and a dinted pride.

so it s lookout time for a new car. if anyones sellin a decent 1.4 SR MK2 pm me with details.

cheers peeps 8)

Philsutton
07-02-05, 01:35 PM
need to learn to read the road

raza
07-02-05, 01:45 PM
Gutted.

Jack
07-02-05, 01:49 PM
Oops... at least you're still (just about) in one piece! Will your insurance cover your car?

Just goes to show though that you need to account for every eventuality when driving - I watch some of my friends drive, and a lot of the time if the car in front was to brake suddenly they'd be dead.

nova_kev
07-02-05, 02:27 PM
yeah, fully comp so ok, but luckily my no claims are protected so wont be loosin them this time :D

jkhilton
07-02-05, 02:53 PM
It's never nice to hear about a crash, but at least you have walked(or at least hobbled!!) away from it and you were fully insured.

Riggy
07-02-05, 06:19 PM
sorry yo hear that mate at least your ok

Mike.
07-02-05, 06:34 PM
glad your ok mate

Glytch
07-02-05, 07:46 PM
Remember when i was going round a roundabout once in 1.0 mk1, had my son in the back in missus in the passenger.

Some Twat in a people carrier came chargin into the passenger side, i went flying for about 20 meters in the opposite direction. managed to stop the car and of course my lad was screaming (4 years old). My first reaction was to get him out the car and make sure he was alright.

looked him down and comforted him, then thought about my poor baby, absolutly mashed, not a scratch on the people carrier.

Few minutes later a bystander asked me if my missus was o.k?
Shit, i'd forgot about her, felt like such a t**t.

Least we were all o.k.

Novas aint a pretty when theyre the outcome of a nasty accident, sounds like you had a bad one as well, glad to hear ur o.k. mate.

MattNova
09-02-05, 09:37 AM
bad shit mate, its horrible when you see your own car in a state. never mind, start again

srs1
09-02-05, 10:51 AM
good to hear your alive thou matey.
a car is a car at the end of it.
just be more cautious when driving in future.
it makes no difference if you are a good driver, other drivers aint as good and might think the same as you.

Jack
09-02-05, 01:21 PM
it makes no difference if you are a good driver, other drivers aint as good and might think the same as you.
To me, being a "good" driver is about not only being able to handle your own car, but being aware of every other muppet on the road, and prepared to counter their stupidities and/or mistakes.

srs1
09-02-05, 01:28 PM
To me, being a "good" driver is about not only being able to handle your own car, but being aware of every other muppet on the road, and prepared to counter their stupidities and/or mistakes.

exactly, being aware doesn't just mean looking out for coppers.
it means thinking ahead, is this nobber going to pull out on me????

Barn
09-02-05, 01:38 PM
glad your ok mate, fcuk the car, you can get another one

:+:

Philsutton
09-02-05, 06:37 PM
in my opinion you didnt hit the truck hard enough

Aamir
10-02-05, 10:50 AM
Cars are replaceable !