PDA

View Full Version : clear no - no

sickrabbit
06-02-05, 10:13 PM
most of you are probably aware of this ( as a newbie , i weasnt ) if you have clear rear lights you,ll fail the mot , like i did. thank god i kept the old red uns
never mind when it passes - i,ll put em back on.

burgo
06-02-05, 10:17 PM
not true at all mate, if they are e marked they are legal so shall pass

sickrabbit
06-02-05, 10:21 PM
that,ll teach me to buy ebay cheapies -lol :o

burgo
06-02-05, 10:23 PM
that,ll teach me to buy ebay cheapies -lol :o yep lol altho still check yours for the e mark

sickrabbit
06-02-05, 10:25 PM
just did m8 - like bez in the big brother hoose - no e !!

burgo
06-02-05, 10:27 PM
oops lol oh well get it threw the MOT then put em back on

sickrabbit
06-02-05, 10:30 PM
yeah too right - if the inspector reckons to bin em , then he must still think peter rabbit is pubic hares cousin !!

Jack
07-02-05, 12:48 AM
Why should they fail? As long as the bulbs are in order (i.e. glow the right colour) the only reason I can see they'd fail is from not having a red rear reflector - which afaik both the E-marked and non E-marked both have as an additional stick on bit, as my old smoked ones had. Stuck them on for an MOT and never had any problems.

epo
07-02-05, 06:08 PM
mine arnt e marked and ive passed 3 mot's with them :!: :!:

NovaloadedAgain
08-02-05, 09:41 AM
Ive passed 2 MOT's with the clear rears, Mine arent E-Marked. The police when theyve pulled me over before have never said anything, & The only thing they did say to me was the bulbs were quite bright! But they were fine. Most test station will pass that. Same with Tints, Illegal, But will pass an MOT. All depends on the test station, my mate works at my MOT station. He doesnt worry about clear rears, But would fail the car on anything major.

Jos
08-02-05, 09:57 AM
yeah, same situation for me, gota friend that owns a garage, and overlooks smaller things, isnt too picky, but for safety reasons, can't let it through for anything major...which is fine with me :D

NovaloadedAgain
08-02-05, 10:46 AM
Yeah thats fine with me too, At the end of the day I wouldnt wanna kill myself or anyone else for the sake of a dodgey MOT & a car that aint safe.

sickrabbit
08-02-05, 06:43 PM
seems to be the norm ...the guy who failed mine said you,ll put the others on as soon as a pass was granted and larfed !!!
small things are beyond reason from inspector to inspector , but the major fails should be positive and not ignored .
horses for courses .
same with the feds tho....leds in Bedford are ignored , in milton keynes a warning is issused - in northampton - the cars all but strip searched for faults ( so i,ve been told ).....
rules dont you just love em ?

Will
08-02-05, 07:50 PM
led's are shit

sickrabbit
08-02-05, 10:08 PM
ok.