PDA

View Full Version : sri mods

scoobyturbo
06-02-05, 06:56 PM
any idea how much power a sri 8v will be putting out with the following engine mods:

k&n induction kit with cold air feed
janspeed 4 branch manifold
decated
full powerflow exhaust
kent cam kit
power boost valve

it beats my old gsi[110ish brake]

any ideas would be a great help

Nick
06-02-05, 07:17 PM
i can't see it being near 110bhp.

they are 82bhp to start off with.. IMO i think it'd be slighly under 100bhp.

After all, it's really only Exhuast mods and a cam. but the Decat e.t.c will help things along

Gunzi
07-02-05, 09:38 AM
I'd agree, I can't see those mods adding 30 bhp!

I'd say between 90-100 bhp. Maybe get some Webers to get the power newarer what you'd like it to be?

gunzi

peester
07-02-05, 10:42 AM
I'd agree, I can't see those mods adding 30 bhp!

I'd say between 90-100 bhp. Maybe get some Webers to get the power newarer what you'd like it to be?

gunzi

by webers he means twin 40 carburettors. to do this in ur sri motor ude need all sr mechanical parts and pumps. back to dizzy's etc etc. big ish job.

david dixon
07-02-05, 05:44 PM
This always happens with nova sri's, I would say that they tune very easy, iv had a gsi and 2x sri's. All I did to the second sri was advance the timing and fit a full piper tornado exhaust and it was flying for a 1.4 infact it beat my gsi's time at york dragway and so did my mates, i know that sri's are a bit lighter than gsi's but i think the engines are setup better as standard!

liam97
07-02-05, 06:46 PM
a ecotek valve makes a bit of difference i had one on my sri and it made abit of difference to the acceleration only 6o odd quid as well

Stuart
07-02-05, 06:55 PM
seriously dont bother with the ecotek thing, its a bit of a farse

CBA to explain. do a search on migweb to find reasoning.

Nick
07-02-05, 08:27 PM
there was a chap on a local "cruise" forum (that pretty much explains it) that reckons his 1.4 SRi (standard apart from a K&N and a backbox) can see off subaru impreza's.

Then he said that it'l be quicker than my GSi lump when finished. :roll:

and then all his mates said it was true that it was soo fast, because he was a good driver.. :roll:

so that means, if colin mcrae drove my 1.2, it'd be faster than a ferrari ?

Philsutton
07-02-05, 09:07 PM
can see off subaru impreza's
that'll be the 1.6 sports then lmao, some people are living in a dream world. let me guess he's never done a 1/4 mile or track day, real proof to whether the car is quick or not.

Adam
07-02-05, 09:52 PM

You never know :wink: :lol:

Snowface
07-02-05, 10:59 PM

You never know :wink: :lol:

Perhaps if Steven Hawking was in the Drivers seat lol.

scoobyturbo
09-02-05, 07:03 AM
i know a lad that had a sri that was bog standard apart from an induction kit and he got it off the clock.no word of a lie :) .he had 15s on so the speedo could have been out but its still impressive for a 1.4.any ideas why they are so quick for only being 80 odd brake?

NovaloadedAgain
09-02-05, 09:29 AM
Lol that guys living in a dream world!

a 1.4 can be quicker then a GSi, There lighter & with the right parts can have the same bhp roughly to a standard GSi. Personally I have beat a few in my area. But then My spec is far from 80bhp standard.

Im having a 285 cam put in friday, 4 Branch & carbs re-tuned, Im hoping for around 115bhp plus.
Ive got just over 100bhp now.

scoobyturbo
09-02-05, 09:39 PM
can u post or pm me with your engine spec please.this is the kind of power im after for mine.
cheers