PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice

sTuDeNt
05-02-05, 10:13 AM
I need to know how much would bodyshop charge me to fix a car door. No dents just minor scratches. Area of damage is about 24"X15" the colour is vitality blue. Car is fiat stilo.

Cheers!

scott.parker
05-02-05, 10:28 AM
I need to know how much would bodyshop charge me to fix a car door. No dents just minor scratches. Area of damage is about 24"X15" the colour is vitality blue. Car is fiat stilo.

Cheers!

If there minor then surely you could just try heavly T-cuting it and a good polish??

Scott

sTuDeNt
05-02-05, 10:37 AM
Yeah but there two i think which are through the top coat
I am just after the price quote really. :)

scott.parker
05-02-05, 10:43 AM
Yeah but there two i think which are through the top coat
I am just after the price quote really. :)

Ok well a mate of mine who dose body work woudl do a blow over for about ?50-?60..

But most body shops would probably chage somewhere nere say ?130 or something silly..

Scott

ade
05-02-05, 12:17 PM
to get a perfect colour match they'd probably respray the whole side of the car also. Depends on the colour and state of the damage. Although the car is a relatively new model (dunno how old yours is) - any new paint will have a slightly different look to the original

I reckon ?150 ish - but depends where you go.

LukeManic
05-02-05, 01:27 PM
to get a perfect colour match they'd probably respray the whole side of the car also. Depends on the colour and state of the damage. Although the car is a relatively new model (dunno how old yours is) - any new paint will have a slightly different look to the original

just had two panels re-sprayed on mine, now the door has the orginal paint still on it (glacier white) and the new paint looks more darker than the door :(

you think t-cut will help to sort that out? or is respraying the door to the only option?

cheers

scott.parker
05-02-05, 02:10 PM

just had two panels re-sprayed on mine, now the door has the orginal paint still on it (glacier white) and the new paint looks more darker than the door :(

you think t-cut will help to sort that out? or is respraying the door to the only option?

cheers

Have they used the corretc paint? as noramly when spraying in white it comes out the other way around,newer panel looking brighter,etc..

To stop this they use a methode of ageing the paint to look the same,but seing as yours is the other way round im not sure what you can do but respray the hole side..

Scott

LukeManic
05-02-05, 11:00 PM
maybe they used to much method of ageing? t-cut not a good idea then?

scott can i also take this chance to say: your car is gorgeous :P

Aragorn
06-02-05, 12:45 AM
they might be able to flat it back with 2000grit and then mop it again

DrivingSpanner
06-02-05, 10:54 AM
I used to work in a bodyshop and i reckon the whole door would get sprayed at a cost of about ?130 if whatever colour is a solid or about 160-175 if its a matalic!!!

Matt