PDA

View Full Version : Ebay - How can people keep a straight face?

Chris_W
04-02-05, 07:58 PM
Just been pointed out to me that my old nova is on ebay, so went and had a look, advert is here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9858&item=4525246000&rd=1) so you can see what I'm talking about.
Now when the car was sold I know that the guy broke the gearbox in less than a day! And he's basically ripped off all the spec that was written elsewhere. The car hasn't got a lightened bottom end, it's stock with skimmed standard pistons. Also the manifold was cracked in about 3 places, and I bet that hasn't been welded. The digidash wasn't working either due to a duff gearbox sender, so he may have fixed that, but I bet he doesn't mention the dented rear hatch where the spoiler was ripped off, or the rusty boot floor, oh and the damage to the front wing that wasn't repaired when the bonnet flipped open. As for pushing 160bhp, he must be on mind bending drugs! with the cracked manifold there's no way it would make that, and if it did I don't think the engine would last very long. So basically people don't believe everything you read! Oh, and the best bit is his starting price is more than he paid for the car. oh, and it's such a loved car that he's trying to get shot of it after 4 months of ownership! One to avoid peeps, well at that price anyway, it's only worth ?1500 MAX IMHO.

Rant Over!

Chris

Breeny
04-02-05, 08:15 PM
Buy it back Chris!

Maybe not... lol

peester
04-02-05, 08:31 PM
hee hee..
it is a shame - a 'big player' within our circles ended up in the hands of a nutter. at least he'll soon have no more to do with it; and an eager eyed enthusiast will snap it up and sort it to its former glory. well at least anyone off this site will be aware of the goings on with the car since he's owned it.

Chris_W
04-02-05, 08:42 PM
It would be easy enough to repair, but whats the point? you might aswell buy a 1.2 and mod that, will cost the same amount of money! Shame, I liked that car, and put a hell of alot of money and time into it. When I sold it I sold it for ?2K, so there ain't no way he'll get ?2.5K in that state, well I dunno, maybe a saxo boy will be out for an upgrade! lol

Chris