PDA

View Full Version : 5dr leccy windows on a 3dr?

doug_sri
04-02-05, 05:08 PM
There is some electric windows at my local scrappy and want some for my car. There on a 5dr but mine is a 3dr so presuming that there no use to me?

thanks

jynxy
04-02-05, 06:52 PM
should be fine, get the whole lot cables, switches arms etc :)

and i will have the spare to for mine ;)

Aragorn
04-02-05, 08:14 PM
5 doors run on a cable mechanism 3 doors have a mechanical arm might work but not easily

boredbloke
04-02-05, 09:06 PM
Alternatively get em n i'll give ya 25 quid for em. that way you make a profit!

if it's front and back i'll pay more!!

just make sure everythings there!

Mel
06-02-05, 09:31 PM
To be quite frank, you're gunna struggle, unless the 3dr ones are set up for the mechanisms from the 5dr..(I know from the experience of one 5dr and 2 3dr's)

As the 5 door is a vertical cable mechanism, whereas the 3dr uses the arm, you'll need change the steel bit on the bottom of the window..

Unless you can work out how to hook them up to the 3dr windows using the steel bits, (if you can, hats off), it aint worth the bother.

You need the steel bit on the bottom of the windows for the leccy window stuff, plus the mechanisms, plus all the wires etc, and the steel bit is an ARSE to get off (Yes, I know), unless you want to buy new windows and break them doing the same lol.

I tried to put them on my car, but it's too much hard work to just get them on the door. Better left for the 5 doors.

If I was you, I'd look further for 3 door ones. At least they should fit no probs :wink: