PDA

View Full Version : Nova Vs Saxo Option's

Rexy
04-02-05, 01:53 PM
Ok Guy's Looking for a list on how you would prefer to do this.

Either, 1/4 mile sprint or track day

Your call, Answers to the hotdog in the sky.

If you vote please comment on choise of venue you prefer.

Bearing in mind, this has to be somewhere in the middle of the uk which is easy to get to for all.

GT

My personal opinion would stand at Anglesey Track for a track day outing.

The car's would be broken down into a few cat's as below:
A = up to 1400cc
B = 1401 to 1600cc
C = 1601 to 2000cc
D = over 2000cc
E = Anything not N/A

Ian
04-02-05, 02:50 PM
explain hpw you will work a track day option out considering this is supposed to be a challenge?

free for all on the track?
one by one on the track?

as far as i can see, a track day wouldnt work as no way of competing

Ian
04-02-05, 02:53 PM
i vote for bruntingthorpe, get redline there with timing gear, and that way you can sort out 1/4s and 0-60s. it also has a track.

Snowface
04-02-05, 02:55 PM
ditto...

thinking about it pod makes the most sense.

track has 2-votes though :?:

raza
04-02-05, 02:56 PM
yea i agree thay 1/4 miles would be better and 0-60 0-100 tried counting mine on my phone on the 0 to 60 but kept missing the button so couldnt get a correct time :$ should really get somone else in the to do it with me .. see it been like 8 - 9secs or somthing not really sure as its only a 1.4 Sr with k and n but updated clutch and gear box get to like 35 in 1st and will go past 60 in second at 5500 RPM

Rexy
04-02-05, 03:30 PM
Yeah thats Kool, Redline are interested according to a member on saxosport.

Gunzi
04-02-05, 03:42 PM
I think santa pod, as it'll be much easier to organise!

raza
04-02-05, 03:42 PM
been thick here but where is santa pod located?:$

jon_boy
04-02-05, 04:06 PM
Has anyone got the link to the nova whooping the ferrari? please post it in the other site lol. only joking they all seem like good lads, no real abuse so far, just read through it all. And its in north hampton i do beleive. santa pod that is. www.santapod.co.uk is the website or something similar, that may be wrong but they do have a website with all dates fixtures and how to get there.

Nick
04-02-05, 04:09 PM
i have the ferarri whooping link.

however, i think we should post the 612bhp let video up, and say he's coming over :-)

Chris
04-02-05, 05:34 PM
IMO it would be hard to run at the Pod as is gets so busy, unless a day can be organised as a private thing but this would be costly and the pod is a very busy place. At york dragway you can have your own 'class' type of thing, what they do is give one run per cat then go round again. i.e X cat (turbo's NOS 4wd etc), class C (up to 2000cc N/A 2WD or 1600 2WD forced induction), class B (up to 1600N/A or 1400 F/I) then class A (every thing below N/A). We could have our own 'class' and would probably get about 7 runs in throughout the day, costs ?15

Chris

nathan.
04-02-05, 06:09 PM
Are there any dates for rwyb at york. I would prefer a 1/4 sprint challenge. pod does get busy and you don't always get to race the car next to you as the queue goes down, if ya know what i mean.

Philsutton
04-02-05, 06:44 PM
i would say 1/4 mile, but if you organise a 0-60 sprint at a track as well i think that would be a good idea

srs1
04-02-05, 08:36 PM
good point that phil, after looking at some of the figures of the saxo's it would be good to see both 1/4 mile times and 0-60.
as the o-60 a nova wins
and on 1/4 mile the saxo picks up rapidly and wins

Philsutton
04-02-05, 08:39 PM
i noticed that as well, i would have thought the extra weight might have helped with grip from starding start

scott.parker
04-02-05, 08:50 PM
Well as said pod is good though gets to crowded,humm this bruntingthorpe,whats that like could it be hired for the two clubs all day for a private event??

Or els the only other place that i think would work is curborough sprint track,its a good track and can be booked all on private hire with enough cars running,and it's one car at a time,its a nice yet short chalenging cours whitch means you learn the bends an improve every lap,we could use a time base lap to see who's got faster cars and better drivers..etc just another option,and its central location is easy for all to go to?

http://img203.exs.cx/img203/9737/curb20bi.jpg

Scott

david dixon
05-02-05, 11:12 AM
The nearer north the better for me like! :lol: how about york? I'm up for any really so count me in!

scott.parker
05-02-05, 02:18 PM
Well they are setting there side up in this style by the looks of things..

Sounds good,and im happy for them to use Avon,makes it esy for me as its a frw mins down the road from me,less distance for me to be towed home :lol:

DIRECT QUOTE FROM SAXO SPORTS CLUB:

"What I need is 10 cars, 5 forced induction, 5 normally aspirated.

The magazines wont touch a head-to-head if it starts involving corners, as they prefer them to be over the 1/4mile.. which is a pain, but the only way we will get this featured.

I'd personally go for Avon Park 1/4mile over the Pod, so will approach them next week.

Now unless everyone can turn around and say to me that that their cars will be ready prior to the French Car Show at Bruntingthorpe (May 29th), then we are looking to get this sorted for as soon as possible after FCS.

So, if you think you've got a good enough car, whether it be SC, Turbo, NA, NoS.. email me!

What I need to know is a basic spec, power output, contact info and availability i.e. when will the car be ready to run.

Scott

Snowface
05-02-05, 03:17 PM
avon park is about 55miles West from pod.

Jim
05-02-05, 05:40 PM
Provided you go on a RWYB day, Santa Pod wont necessarily be that crowded. We've done 2 shoot outs at the pod over the years and everyone has had plenty of time to get the runs in.

Jim

scott.parker
08-02-05, 01:46 AM
WELL THIS IDEA LASTED LONG!!! TAKE IT WE ARE NOT GOING AHEAD WITH THIS??? :roll:

Chris
08-02-05, 01:48 AM
there is a bit of a debate going on over on the saxo site, they want it to be members only and have selected cars to run, IMO this would not make it an enjoyable day for all, as people would be pi$$ed off because they didnt run etc. So dont know what is happening TBH

Chris

srs1
08-02-05, 08:58 AM
from what i have read, i think they want the mag to cover the cost of santa pod.
i personally think that it should be an open day for all to enjoy. no point in the non members from saxo sports club being stopped as they will only resent what has happened.
i say sod the mag feature and organise it to how we want, an open free for all. and if the mag want to join in. they do it on the terms we set.
and at the end of the day, when people have set there times, can do a grand finally shoot out with car of simular spec power (far mag if they want)

Gunzi
08-02-05, 10:59 AM
I agree I'm not bothered about a magasin being there. Just let ppl run up and down as many times as they like!

Sounds like the saxo site is taking this a bit too seriously!

Plus it doesn't cost that much to get into the pod & race!
gunzi

david dixon
08-02-05, 02:57 PM
I'm up for that like, why shove some peoples noses out! it should just be a open challenge let people go up against whoever they want.