PDA

View Full Version : beesting aerial mounting on 5door

PrimaNova
04-02-05, 11:09 AM
hello everyone. ive got plans to put a beesting on my roof,but my current aerial is on the front right arch.

how do i go about changing that? ta

Jack
04-02-05, 12:22 PM
Drilling a new hole and wiring in the new aerial isn't too hard a job. The old one I *think* unscrews? Never done it myself so can't say exactly how it works...

The hole thats left can either be filled with mesh and filler (till the filler falls out lol), or weld a little plate in and smooth over with filler; primed and painted. Or, if your arch is a bit rusty, I believe most (if not all) new and replacement arches come without the aerial hole, so you could just replace the entire arch.

dan-hipgrave
04-02-05, 12:43 PM
Yep the old aerial is removed via a little plate in the drivers side wheelarch mate, and then you just run the existing aerial wire up the door frame under the roof lining to the point that your beesting is at :wink:

Glytch
05-02-05, 09:17 PM
As Dan said, behind the drivers wheel you unscrew the platic panel and extract the arial.

Is the car a 5dr hatch? if so open the boot and pull of the rubber flange holding the roof lining on, this will make it easier to remove the roof lining. Dont go over board, just make sure you've got enough room to get ur hand cos u'll need to get some sand paper behind it and clean up the metal on the roof to make a good contact with the ground on the ariel.