PDA

View Full Version : XE/LET offside engine mount

-tucny-
03-02-05, 10:27 PM
im preparing my shell for a 2.0L 16V XE or LET engine. from what i had read i understud that the offside engine mount had to be cut off and rewelded approx 1 1/2 inches lower to take the engine.

iv been looking at the mounting kits from valvers.com and im not quite sure if the mount for the offside which they provide fit to the relocated mount or to the original mount.

can anyone help me with this one?

thanks.

Aragorn
03-02-05, 10:50 PM
its one or the other - xe mounting kit or lowering the mount the old fashioned way

R1CH
05-02-05, 11:19 AM
Pretty sure the Valvers mount bolts up with the mount on the chassis leg in the origional position, the whole point in the conversion mount is so you don't have to chop & weld anything !
Or if you don't wanna splash out on a conversion mount (like me) you can just chop the mount off the chassis leg & weld it on lower down (think i lowered mine 43mm ?) then use the std Astra XE engine mount.

Rich

-tucny-
05-02-05, 12:54 PM
thanks for the replies. i followed the instructions/guide on valvers which said remove the engine mounting. its not really a good selling point to advise removing the mount - meaning you wont need a mounting kit then offering to sell you a mounting kit.

anyway its already removed now, so i best get welding!