PDA

View Full Version : engines .... BIGGERR!!!!! price:(

raza
03-02-05, 09:23 PM
was thinking of getting a 2 litre engine in my car out of a cav or somthing or out of enother nova .... Was talking to some garage dude earlyer and he was like you no it isnt cheap to be done he said new gear box blah evey thing and he was like ?1000-?1500 just to fit the engine and all the other shit !!!!!! i think that is a stupid price or is this realistic?

Riggy
03-02-05, 09:27 PM
for a garage yeah lol

go to courtenay and pay 5 grand lol :lol:

Philsutton
03-02-05, 09:28 PM
for a garage to do yeah thats a good price, as there is about 500 worth of welding to be done if done by a professional

raza
03-02-05, 09:32 PM
fuck i thought he was trying to rip me off cos hes usually cheap so he was been cheap :$ lol.. mite consider getting it done need body work .wheels. and new shocks then i can do what i like

Mel
03-02-05, 10:13 PM
Yeah, it's unfortunate, but when you want things doing properly, you gotta pay the high ?? :?

Mike.
03-02-05, 10:18 PM
do it ryan lol, iff you do get a 2 litre can i have first refusal on the 1.4 :wink:

raza
03-02-05, 10:20 PM
if i get a 2 litre u can have the 1.4 for ?100:) a bargain price:D

Mike.
03-02-05, 10:21 PM
nice one

raza
03-02-05, 10:23 PM
mike u need a day of work so u can come to the scrappy and get them shocks of with me :D then help me fit them :$

Mike.
03-02-05, 10:26 PM
lol tell me about it mate, my boss is a complete twat, so its difficult to get time off

what scrappy are the shocks at??

raza
03-02-05, 10:28 PM
At rimar Salvage and thats the only nova there wanna be going soone before they decide to crush the car ;\

scott.parker
03-02-05, 10:45 PM
First thing you need to do(trust me on this) sit down and write a list of what you want and the price of parts,then woirk out how you going about it,as if your getting a xe2ltr while its out rebuild it mate,as its more money once it's in then it has to come back out,lol

On this should be

1:harryhockly kit..

2: susspension sutable for 2ltr (upgrade fronts to poundage)

3:Engine mounts,gearbox mounts,and any drive shafts etc..

4:sutabel brake up grade(if not already on car) 256mm 16v are good enough,and cheep.

5:while engine is out i sugest you strip it down maybey replace some panles if need be,and rub down & smooth and spray once all wellding is done..

And anything els is upto you mate,dosent sound like a lot but it's not cheep,my conversion was done on the cheep but was also well done a.but still with all my parts i woiuld say it came to ?2500

scott

NickWalliams
03-02-05, 10:46 PM
What a load of Shi*!!!

If you know some1 who can do it or are able to do it yourself, it can be done properly for well under ?1000!

8)

raza
03-02-05, 10:49 PM
well i cant even take a engine out of a car never mind rebuild one ;\ i aint got a clue yet .. but dont wanna be spending obscene amounts of money on it not untill the body and everything is done to a high spec i could go and buy a calibra for 600 drive that for a while then stick the engine in it when my car is all done

scott.parker
03-02-05, 10:53 PM
What a load of Shi*!!!

If you know some1 who can do it or are able to do it yourself, it can be done properly for well under ?1000!

8)

Did you have you chassis leg alterd properly??

http://img221.exs.cx/img221/848/valverconvertion0954gx.jpg

A lot of work more then what any company dose was put into mine,just for welding bay and mods and spray,pluss fit of engine was?1500 i spent the rest on rally x hubs and shafts full adj susspension full rebuild on engine so its like new,and a tri padle helix cluch,so you think you can do all that for under ?2500?? i dont mate sorry..

scott

raza
03-02-05, 10:55 PM
love ure car looks well nice what Bhp is it knocking out? and what is the engine out of?

scott.parker
03-02-05, 10:59 PM
love ure car looks well nice what Bhp is it knocking out? and what is the engine out of?

Mine? it was from a astra mk2 gte 16v

PS: another thing you have to think of is an exhaust??

http://img216.exs.cx/img216/171/picture2573hy.jpg

As for bhp,i dont know yet mate its one thing i must do before i do any more mods to it,although i would of though some where near 156-160bhp??

scott

Mike.
03-02-05, 11:00 PM
u still got that astra scott, people would give there right arm for those wheels on it

raza
03-02-05, 11:01 PM
it looks well nice ......... big diff from the pic lol!!! i always said to my self im going to have a highly modded nova now i have one i just got to get my finger out of my ass and do it

scott.parker
03-02-05, 11:04 PM
u still got that astra scott, people would give there right arm for those wheels on it

Well might re'rufb them and use for track wheels,they wer up for sale once,my mate also has some cav gsi wheels,lol i have two of them(was using to stand car on for a day or two havent yet give them back,lol)

scott

scott.parker
03-02-05, 11:09 PM
it looks well nice ......... big diff from the pic lol!!! i always said to my self im going to have a highly modded nova now i have one i just got to get my finger out of my ass and do it

Just before it was fitted..

http://img216.exs.cx/img216/5629/valverconvertion129edit4rc.jpg

Then in,lol

http://img216.exs.cx/img216/5086/valverconvertion166edit1mb.jpg
http://img216.exs.cx/img216/4151/valverconvertion179edit6ro.jpg

Scott

srs1
03-02-05, 11:17 PM
scott your becoming more of a pic whore then denny.
the conversion can be done cheaper depending if you look around long enough and source the parts cheap enough, but also like scott said, you can also pay for the best work poss, engine re-build or you can just cut the front engine mount and move it down and bodge the engine in.
it all depends on how much you want the job done for.
prob the best way is to buy one that has had all the work done if you dont know what/how to do it.

scott.parker
04-02-05, 12:29 AM
scott your becoming more of a pic whore then denny.

LOL is that posible?

anyway mate you know what i mean as you have found that you do get what you pay for,as to what you want,but would never go to a company to get the conversion done,and as sean says it cheeper to buy one done,just make sure its a good one.

scott

Philsutton
04-02-05, 10:21 AM
mine cost over a grand to do an i did it myself, if you do it right then its still not going to be cheap

NickWalliams
04-02-05, 11:03 AM
Depends what you mean by the term 'properly' its obviously gonna cost more if you have coilovers and rally hubs etc.

My conversion was done very well for well under a grand.

The chassis leg was altered and welded, the car drives fine and havent had any problems with it yet.

It cost me ?175 for an astra gte, so for that I got engine, box, brakes and digi dash.

Then got some gte shafts ?20, inner cv's ?80, induction kit ?40 and modded the exhaust, ill admit the zaust is bodged at the moment but a stailess steel system will be gettin made by a mate ill just have to buy a new backbox.

My suspension cost ?300 but i dont include that in the cost since it was done way before the engine conversion. Coilovers are gettin ordered soon but thats not for the engine but so as i can lower it more.

So yeah i could of spent a million pound and then said 'mine is done properly' but at the end of the day there is no point in wasting money. :D

Aragorn
04-02-05, 11:10 AM
all depends how much u can do yourself:

good xe engine and box: ?450
timing belt and rollers: ?50-60ish
GTE shafts: ?50
mk2 cav inner cv's: ?100
mount kit: ?50
welder gas(co2) and wire: ?40
2ltr front springs: ?60

that would be doing everything yourself and it totals up to ?810, some of those are inflated as they are hard to find (the cav cv's for instance) others as i wasnt 100% sure on the price (im sure the mount kits are around 30-40)

add another ?50 or so if your car isnt injected to begin with for a fuel tank and pump

i fail to see how everything on that list doesnt constitute a "proper" job as long as the fitting and welding is done properly

i'd really like to know what you think would cost extra??

NickWalliams
04-02-05, 11:16 AM
Oh yeah forgot, my mate made the engine mount, fits perfect! :lol:

raza
04-02-05, 01:59 PM
yea but if u aint got a clue about engines the garage is going to charge a bit welding would take a good day or so then i have the fitting of the engine and al the other bits .. then the labour costs would be eay in access of ?1000

NickWalliams
04-02-05, 02:50 PM
What a load of Shi*!!!

8)

www.Mwperformance.co.uk in saltney chester do the full conversion for ?2500.

Or they will do a corsa gsi engine 1.6 16v for ?1500.

weather they are any good or not, I dont know.

Snowface
04-02-05, 02:52 PM
HOW big's yor radiator Scott!

That's not a Nova one is it?

Austin_Nova16
04-02-05, 06:24 PM
Hockley strengthening plates are really not needed on a road going nova. Although a nice addition, they're really for the rally cars, which take serious chassis abuse. Although the strut plates are nice (?7.50 each).
A well stiched bay will be more than strong enough.

Philsutton
04-02-05, 06:38 PM
by properly i mean using uprated mounts, there is nothing worse than seeing a 2lt slap around the engine bay denting the rad

skud52
04-02-05, 06:46 PM
or you can just cut the front engine mount and move it down and bodge the engine in.

i dont what you class as bodge but ive done mine like that and trust its a lot more than the shitty lowering kits

scott.parker
04-02-05, 07:13 PM
HOW big's yor radiator Scott!

That's not a Nova one is it?

:lol: It's astandard GSI rad mate.. think it just looks big in that pic.

PS: Austin the only reason i added the H/H kit was i knew i would go give the car some abuse,on track and on road,plus if all go's to plan over 200bhp is a lot of torque upfront so i wanted the pece of mind the front end is staying with the rest of the car :lol:

scott