PDA

View Full Version : Nova V's Saxo Bash...

Rexy
03-02-05, 07:17 PM
OK... Just a thought But hows a Nova Vs Saxo day sound.

It will be on track, as there a fair few Track day nuttah's inc myself.

I think it would be good funn if nothing else.

I've posted up on SaxoSports and a few of them seem to be interested

So, Regardless of engine size who would be up for it?

GT

[/img]http://www.saxosportsclub.com/forum/posts.asp?forumid=1&threadid=217289&page=0

VectraStu
03-02-05, 07:22 PM
Count me in so long as you arrange it for when it's finished :)

Can we go to Anglesey pleeeease :D

Stu

Philsutton
03-02-05, 07:26 PM
count me in, im up for some saxo whooping

raza
03-02-05, 07:28 PM
would a 1.4 stand any chance?:$

Rexy
03-02-05, 07:31 PM
Bring it... I'm taking my 1300 lol

scott.parker
03-02-05, 07:55 PM
count me in, im up for some saxo whooping

Ditto :lol:

And im sure sean and chris will be up for it..

scott

dunova
03-02-05, 07:55 PM
Well up for that, nice idea GT, lets just hope it actually happens lol

Rexy
03-02-05, 07:57 PM
I've got the contact details of the guy who runs the days out etc at saxosports.com

Is there anybody on here willing to continue it (admin wise) or shall i carry on and arrange it?

If peeps want me to continue with it, I want everybody to get involved and provide ideas on classe's etc.

GT

VectraStu
03-02-05, 08:23 PM
So long as we're only taking on serious competitors and cars. No 200,000 mile shitters dribbling oil everywhere that we'll wrap ???'s worth of car up on :cry:

Just a suggestion :)

Stu

Stuart
03-02-05, 08:31 PM
ps watching this

i think anyone who fancies it should be able to attend.

oh and vectra sort your sig or youll be banned ;) 100 pixels in height!

Taity
03-02-05, 08:55 PM
Hi guys,

Taity, admin from the SSC, here.

Thanks for the positive attitude you have displayed in regards to this potential event, top effort!

I think that this could well be a very interesting event, no doubt we could get a magazine interested, with the aspect of Old(ish) vs. New(ish) in the most popular modified scene?

I think a venue like Brunters would be ideal for this, to give your 2.0 TB/Turbo boys a 1/4 run, and some track time for our 1.6 track slags to have some fun on.

Open to all, from 1.1 to whatever.. with the emphasis on fun and a good day, none of this animosity.. just like minded car enthusiasts together with a bit of friendly rivalry.

Cheers for your time,

Taity

Snowface
03-02-05, 08:58 PM
sounds potentially a very good meetup/event.

where is Brunters?

sure TV mag or someone would be interested.

raza
03-02-05, 09:01 PM
my 1.4 should beat a standard 1.6 VTR as i used to have one and think my 1.4 is alot quicker bottom end than a VTR

Nick
03-02-05, 09:02 PM
I may be asking a silly question, but does anyone own a saxo with a bigger engine than a 1.6 VTS lump ?

as if that's the case, 1/4 mile is going to be no comparison between heaviest tuned nova and heaviest tuned Saxo.

if it's going to be in summer time, i'l bring my car down, and happily race it in the 1.6 category !? or whatever

Dan
03-02-05, 09:03 PM
Welcome to novaload Taity, and the rest of you behave lol, these guys have been cool with us so lets show the same respect :!:

scott.parker
03-02-05, 09:08 PM
Agereed with dan there,welcome to nl Taity,as nick say's what sort of mods dose most of your club carry on the saxo's dose anyone use any bigger lumps from citroen?

scott

Riggy
03-02-05, 09:08 PM
sounds like it could be a good day

ill prob be up for it no matter if it be in 1.2 or 2.0 :lol:

and welcome to nl mate

raza
03-02-05, 09:14 PM
some vts engines are 2 litres my m8 as a done up saxo was a 1 litre now its got a 2 litre stuck in it very quick car and very bare inside

Philsutton
03-02-05, 09:15 PM
thats not the saxo VTS engine though will be the xsara or what ever it is

scott.parker
03-02-05, 09:17 PM
thats not the saxo VTS engine though will be the xsara or what ever it is

This is what i wantedt to know if many ppl do transplants,etc..cus surely they might be able to use the newer clio lumps?? :roll:

scott

raza
03-02-05, 09:18 PM
hmm well not sure i no its a citroen engine and its a 2 litre and needed alot of work to get it in to the space where the 1 litre was but now its done its reall nice . bit slower at the min as its stuck on 17" wheels not many 1 litres going around with 17" cos they come in 3 stood not 4 - 5 was hard to get hold of a pair he said

benji
03-02-05, 09:19 PM
clio? renault? scott you prat don't you mean a pug lump?

raza
03-02-05, 09:21 PM
Phil how much work u got to do on that V8 that car will be fucking ace when its done and will have a ace sound to it :) wanna be racing some fast cars when u got that running sweet

Philsutton
03-02-05, 09:24 PM
errrm lots of work yet to get it running then some more to make it into what might be classed as fast lol

Nick
03-02-05, 09:24 PM
gulp :o

looking through that site theres a few 200+ bhp VTS Supercharged,Turbo's..

Christ, a fair amount of respect is now felt towards the saxo !

Taity
03-02-05, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome lads,

The Saxo engine bay is a good size, the problem lies with the transplant lumps.

The Mi16, GTi-6, 306 Rallye, Xsara VTS 2.0 lump is HUGE and takes a lot of engineering to fit, so only a handful (if that) exist.. as the expense to get the 167bhp lump in far outreaches normal peoples budgets. Although I HAS been done, it's not the desired route for Saxo tuning.

The main routes for the 1.6 lump (8valve for the VTR 90-98bhp standard, 16valve for the VTS 120-130bhp standard) are throttle bodies, supercharging using a Rotrex blower, and of course Turbo charging.

Supercharging is the most popular, with the VTS boys with top spec pushing out around 200-220bhp at the wheels..

Quickest 1/4 ever recorded, by Datron timing equipment, was a supercharged VTS and it got around 12.5seconds (will confirm that in a minute).

Taity

Nick
03-02-05, 09:28 PM
christ that is quick !

round my way, i think poeple give the saxo a bad name. I've seen a VTR Turbo (burgandy, black multispokes ? was at maxpower aswell) around, but apart from that i never knew that people did serious engine conversions !

hurry up with that v8 phill ! lol

raza
03-02-05, 09:30 PM
only thing about saxos is that there is so many of them thats all u seem to see now saxos and clios theres 1000000000000s of them

Philsutton
03-02-05, 09:30 PM
hurry up with that v8 phill ! lol

whats makes you think its gonna be quick? lol my 2lt is going to be doing quicker times im pretty sure of it

raza
03-02-05, 09:34 PM
u could make it quicker than a 2 litre surely to god if not is it worth doing ? or u just doing it cos there isnt hardly any (if any) novas out there with a v8 in it

Dan
03-02-05, 09:34 PM
Taity youve done it again but on our forum lolololol, he means 1/4 not 1/2 :wink:

raza
03-02-05, 09:35 PM
i was thinking 1/2 in 12 secs ;\ like anyone would wanna race that and be humilliated :$ but 12 secs in a 1/4 is pretty nippy

Nick
03-02-05, 09:40 PM
no worries phil, it's all psychological !

the sound of the trembling v8 will strike fear into their hearts, thus making them crunch gears, and delayed reactions - trust me it'l work !

yes, 12 seconds is very nippy lol. Considering moderatly tuned twin turbo supras run those sort of times.

Taity
03-02-05, 09:41 PM
Lol, I noticed my 2nd schoolboy error and edited the post! ;)

I've got a link to a Supercharged VTS taking on a M3 at crail, and winning!

Will dig it out.

Philsutton
03-02-05, 09:42 PM
I've got a link to a Supercharged VTS taking on a M3 at crail, and winning!

Will dig it out.
excellent, be good to see what im up against

Snowface
03-02-05, 09:43 PM
i've seen that vid, nice stuff.

M3 drivers thinking 'what the hells wrong with my car' lol.

Taity
03-02-05, 09:54 PM
M3 vs Supercharged VTS @ Crail

http://www.dls-design.co.uk/videos/johnsaxo.mpeg

I believe this VTS was running around 230bhp @ wheels.

The problem for these type of cars is getting the power down cleanly.. as they are light.

The standard gearbox is also a the weak link, conversions to Pug 306 GTi-6 (known as a BE3 box) are available, but costly..

Nick
03-02-05, 09:57 PM
is there no availability to fit an LSD ?

the 306 GTi-6 gearboxes are fantastic. A friend of mine has one (the car not the box lol) and it really transfers power to the wheels well, minimal wheels spin compared to the hammering she gives it.

raza
03-02-05, 09:59 PM
he was losing but then started coming back nice

scott.parker
03-02-05, 10:09 PM
Ok all i have just had a read through most of the post on the saxo site,and i must say they all seam verry welcoming and nice natured,so i think this should be a very nice and interesting event,i know i have had some bad experiences with some saxo owners,BUT they all seam really nice,so i carn twait to meet them and think it will be a really good day out,lets hope it all gets sorted.. :wink:

Oh and well done to the guy aginst the bm,lol

Scott

SKoob
03-02-05, 10:14 PM
I'll take on some VTRs in my 1.3* :lol:

*1.6 8)

Taity
03-02-05, 10:20 PM
Good attitude Scott and tasty motor!

Unfortunately, as I am sure you must experience here, you get the "odd one" who isn't representative of the majority.

The Saxo guys, especially the power hungry hard modifiers are all a very friendly bunch of guys. The Old Skool (holds up hand, i've been part of the SSC from close to the very start) have modelled the club around the social aspect of things, rather than focusing on the cars.

Yes, anyone can have a nice car and start a club, but the SSC is more about meeting new friends, going out and having a good time... hopefully this attitute will be reflected in any organised meet we can get sorted with you guys.

I too have to admit that I was a bit dubious when G_T posted on the SSC Forum, "oh hear we go" were my first thoughts, but all I have experienced so far from NL peeps is friendliness, long may it continue.

Taity

Philsutton
03-02-05, 10:22 PM
Unfortunately, as I am sure you must experience here, you get the "odd one" who isn't representative of the majority.

im trying my best :oops:

raza
03-02-05, 10:22 PM
should be a good laugh all the Nl guys meeting u lot and wupping u on the track then getting hammered afterwards :$ lol Jk one saxo mite win 1 race when somone stalls on the line :) naw not really should be a good laugh meeting all u lot

Pugamall
03-02-05, 10:25 PM
Well done Guys I must commend you on a great way of presenting your forum,so many times it resorts to slagging by a small minority,this is exactly what I b'leve the forum groups should be for,I must say there will be loads of the guys up for it,I just hope it happens as this kinda thing always fizzes out.
I will be up for it myself depending on date and place.
The ssc guys have an event at the end of may (the french car show)so a lot of the cars will be ready for that,so if you wana work out when most of your cars will be ready and perhaps we can all meet at a good time.

Oh and sorry our forum has no edit function,lol

Nick
03-02-05, 10:35 PM
that's an impressive spec you have at the bottom there !

Pugamall
03-02-05, 10:37 PM
Mines one of the lighter modified cars of the group

Mike.
03-02-05, 10:39 PM
one of the lighter modded cars :o , you got any picks mate

Pugamall
03-02-05, 10:40 PM
Only kidding,couple of years ago maybee even a year ago it would of been one of the front runners,but there has been a lot of development in the last year,and there really is some crazy hyped mota's on there now,I imagine it's the same here though

Mike.
03-02-05, 10:43 PM
yeah the modified car scene can move on really fast can't it. one day you've got the best modds availible then the next day they release modifications that are far more advanced

Pugamall
03-02-05, 10:48 PM
http://premium1.uploadit.org/pugamall///engine-bay.jpg

raza
03-02-05, 10:51 PM
looks pretty damn nice:)

Mike.
03-02-05, 10:51 PM
thats one clean engine bay you have there, very nice mate

Pugamall
03-02-05, 10:54 PM
It's the same lump that was manufacured in it (1.6 VTS),decided to mod it after 40,000 miles,took it out rebored it for better pressure sealing(for the boost) and as below

Mike.
03-02-05, 10:56 PM
so you aren't tempted by a engine out of anothe citroen then????

raza
03-02-05, 10:58 PM
wunt bother that looks damn nice:)

Pugamall
03-02-05, 11:03 PM
Thought about it,but been there done that,had an old OPEL and took the 1.2 lump out and dropped in a ford 2.8 V6 many moons ago,decided to see what I could do with what it came with.but like I say there a many others now that well surpass mine on the ssc site.
I got an old list somwhere it has been partly updated but I think mos of it is over a year old at least I'l try and pos it up
http://premium1.uploadit.org/pugamall/SSctimes1.JPG
http://premium1.uploadit.org/pugamall/SSCtimes2.JPG

srs1
03-02-05, 11:07 PM
after reading the link to your site it looks like it should be a good event, i am up for it. if not to put the car down the pod but to watch.
after all, we are all here to enjoy our cars and have a laugh.

Rexy
04-02-05, 12:02 AM
Right then lads, It seems a Good response has been given from both saxo and Nova boy's...

I'll speak to the Admin on the saxo side and sort somthing out.

I'll keep the subject posted.

GT

Jack
04-02-05, 12:08 AM
The standard gearbox is also a the weak link, conversions to Pug 306 GTi-6 (known as a BE3 box) are available, but costly..
I can imagine that being quite a squeeze? From what I've heard its a big box... strong though, my mate with a GTi-6 has destroyed three GTi-6 engines (bust the crank one time attempting to race an Impreza.... :roll: ) but he's still on the original box!

VectraStu
04-02-05, 12:22 AM

:+:

scott.parker
04-02-05, 12:26 AM

:+:

LOL still 120 high.. :wink:

scott

Chris
04-02-05, 12:29 AM
this should be a good event, if my car is finished I will run, if not I will come with my tool box lol Why not do two days, 1/4mile and a track day later on? Maybe do the 1/4 and camp the night before, to get a good social atmosphere going? Then maybe do the track day a month or so after?

Chris

scott.parker
04-02-05, 12:34 AM
this should be a good event, if my car is finished I will run, if not I will come with my tool box lol Why not do two days, 1/4mile and a track day later on? Maybe do the 1/4 and camp the night before, to get a good social atmosphere going? Then maybe do the track day a month or so after?

Chris

Dude or as chris t said(in another post) may by use the curborough sprint track?? it's very challenging though it looks small it still not easy,makes for fun for spectators,and put the driver through his paceses? just anoth idea?? and it more central of the contry :D
PS: as its one at a time makes for less likely hood of accident.

Scott

NovaNickHead
04-02-05, 01:36 AM
im up for it so is my mate waiting for delivery his throttle bodied saxo so me and him want a proper race anyway. should be a good crack....

has track or 1/4 mile been decided??

VectraStu
04-02-05, 10:02 AM
LOL still 120 high.. :wink:

scott

Nah.

Rexy
04-02-05, 11:41 AM
still is lol

Nick
04-02-05, 11:57 AM
after reading that spec sheet.

I think we need to get the lad over from sweeden.

y'know, the one with the 612bhp LET !

Mike
04-02-05, 12:56 PM
612bhp LET is wot u want!! 8)

im well up curborugh sprint track, rally me old slag round d track once i finally fit a cage :|

im in!! weber's on or not, im in!

raza
04-02-05, 01:57 PM
just applied for a ?2000 bank loan hopefuly ill get it then i can work on my car:) full respray ?750 : wheels : ?200-400 body kit :?300 tidy engine bay ?200-300 new shocks : ?50 bargain what dont leave me much left :( hopefully if i get it car would be done with 3-4 weeks then drive it like that for a while till i get more money saved up then stick in a big lump :) then ill be at all meets :D and stuff

Rexy
04-02-05, 02:04 PM
How about 1k on engine work the rest on brakes and susp

raza
04-02-05, 02:08 PM
cos i dont see the point in putting a good engine in the car when the paint looks bollox it needs a full respry and get rid of the tiny specs of rust before it gets any worse forgot to put breaks there getting some big ones out of a calibra or a cav but need some new wheels what the big breaks will fit under then when i get more money im sticking a 2 litre in it hopefull y september then ill have 2 years no clames and my insurace will be well down

david dixon
04-02-05, 04:51 PM
Is there any news on this then boys? I'm up for this one! but is there any chance of getting it a bit more north? :lol:

raza
04-02-05, 04:54 PM
love ure nova david looks shit hot .. some time and money gone in to that beast bet its rappid

david dixon
04-02-05, 05:29 PM
Cheers mate, it doesn't go to bad really, I just want to get it back on the strip now to see what its like with the nos fitted. :D

raza
04-02-05, 05:32 PM
yea nos is ace drove my m8s fiat brava he had nos in there cant remeber how much it was shooting in but i was going like 4500 Rpm the hit the button and it dont have give it some power .. was cool love to do it in my car in the future but it aint cheap hes sold the car now got ?3500 for it with full system in it think somone got a bargain

david dixon
04-02-05, 05:41 PM
Nos is the way forward for any car! :D

raza
04-02-05, 05:42 PM
going to Co durham soon to see my m8 rick u drive ure car on the roads or is it purely for the track

david dixon
04-02-05, 05:48 PM
I drive it on the roads aswel but not until the weather picks up a bit!
Where abouts does he live mate?

raza
04-02-05, 05:51 PM
not too sure he said there is a huge road near the town or somthign with loads a pubs down he had a name for it ... said there is pubs and clubs all down one street if that helps :$ said he lives 2 mins friom there

david dixon
04-02-05, 05:54 PM
mmm not to sure about that one mate, theres a few towns and villages around co.Durham :(

NovaNickHead
05-02-05, 01:20 AM
righty, ive had a look at the saxo posts and there is talk of 10 cars....just like to get my bid in early!!!! really wanna go up against him in his car. (i hope this is first come first serve!!)

BigRuss
05-02-05, 06:13 AM
Count Me in too, I'll be there for this one :wink:

david dixon
05-02-05, 10:59 AM
Yeah I want to be in on it, there's some turbos to race! :D

scott.parker
05-02-05, 11:07 AM
Right then load's of intrest of people saying they want to take part,well we still need to know what the venue is going to be?? so help out by having your say >> http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105853

Scott

NovaNickHead
05-02-05, 12:59 PM
DIRECT QUOTE FROM SAXO SPORTS CLUB:

"What I need is 10 cars, 5 forced induction, 5 normally aspirated.

The magazines wont touch a head-to-head if it starts involving corners, as they prefer them to be over the 1/4mile.. which is a pain, but the only way we will get this featured.

I'd personally go for Avon Park 1/4mile over the Pod, so will approach them next week.

Now unless everyone can turn around and say to me that that their cars will be ready prior to the French Car Show at Bruntingthorpe (May 29th), then we are looking to get this sorted for as soon as possible after FCS.

So, if you think you've got a good enough car, whether it be SC, Turbo, NA, NoS.. email me!

What I need to know is a basic spec, power output, contact info and availability i.e. when will the car be ready to run.

taity@saxosportsclub.com"

scott.parker
05-02-05, 02:14 PM
DIRECT QUOTE FROM SAXO SPORTS CLUB:

"What I need is 10 cars, 5 forced induction, 5 normally aspirated.

The magazines wont touch a head-to-head if it starts involving corners, as they prefer them to be over the 1/4mile.. which is a pain, but the only way we will get this featured.

I'd personally go for Avon Park 1/4mile over the Pod, so will approach them next week.

Now unless everyone can turn around and say to me that that their cars will be ready prior to the French Car Show at Bruntingthorpe (May 29th), then we are looking to get this sorted for as soon as possible after FCS.

So, if you think you've got a good enough car, whether it be SC, Turbo, NA, NoS.. email me!

What I need to know is a basic spec, power output, contact info and availability i.e. when will the car be ready to run.

taity@saxosportsclub.com"

Cool avon park is three min drive from my door.. :lol: :P

scott

BigRuss
05-02-05, 02:18 PM
I've done a couple of rallies at Avon Park, it's a bit of a Trek for Me but I'm still in :wink:

scott.parker
05-02-05, 02:35 PM
I think this where they are meaning?

http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/

Hope so as said it's a stone through from me,lol

Edit* i just noticed this date.. 19th-20th March: Run What You Brung (Test and Tune) shel get my ass down there and see what times the nova dose.

scott

benji
05-02-05, 03:19 PM
I think this where they are meaning?

http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/

Hope so as said it's a stone through from me,lol

Edit* i just noticed this date.. 19th-20th March: Run What You Brung (Test and Tune) shel get my ass down there and see what times the nova dose.

scott

arn't you going karting in york? a few of my mates are going to pod on the 20th but i've already booked karting